Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the spell is cast to destroy a future card, what happens to the potions that may have already been sold on that card to the High Council? Are the thrown away or added to the Council Vault?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
kevruth wrote:
When the spell is cast to destroy a future card, what happens to the potions that may have already been sold on that card to the High Council? Are the thrown away or added to the Council Vault?

Thanks,

They are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
kevruth wrote:

Thanks,

They are discarded.

This is incorrect. All potions that have been sold to the High Council always end up deposited into the Council Chamber. This should have been verified in this card's text though! An oversight on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
jepmn wrote:
kevruth wrote:

Thanks,

They are discarded.

This is incorrect. All potions that have been sold to the High Council always end up deposited into the Council Chamber. This should have been verified in this card's text though! An oversight on my part.

Glad to have an official ruling, as the rules definitely say nothing other than to discard the card (hence my interpretation that you discard the potions on said card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
jepmn wrote:
kevruth wrote:

Thanks,

They are discarded.

Glad to have an official ruling, as the rules definitely say nothing other than to discard the card (hence my interpretation that you discard the potions on said card).

Yeah, the rules say what happens to cubes still on Future Cards at the end of the game, but I somehow forgot to include what happens to cubes on a discarded Future Card. The intent is that any cube sold to the High Council will end up in their chamber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
jepmn wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
jepmn wrote:
kevruth wrote:

Thanks,

They are discarded.

Yeah, the rules say what happens to cubes still on Future Cards at the end of the game, but I somehow forgot to include what happens to cubes on a discarded Future Card. The intent is that any cube sold to the High Council will end up in their chamber.

Makes sense. It's an easy rule to remember and will also make any potential future expansion very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the answer. My group really liked our game. Hope to get it to the table again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.