Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo Half-Cut Simple Straight Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

was trying this for learn the rules + mechanics, should be a good start for a more strategy variant?

Setup.

Two players setup.
Player rules no change.

AI play turn
1.Income, as usual, 5$ plus all whiskey on AI tiles.
then half the AI money on two stacks.
1 stack for Buy, 1 stack to Set the Prices.
(example 7 coins, 4 coins to Buy, 3 coins to Set the Prices)

2.Draw and set prices, take 2 tiles face down. set the prices halved using the Set Price Money Stack.
(example 3 coins on Price Set Stack, put 2 coins on 1 tile, put 1 coin on the other tile)

3.Discard, 1 face down tile from Tiles Stack.

3.Buy, AI use all coins on Buy Stack and take the Player tile with the most coins.

4.Build, AI do not build.

5.Scoring, AI score like it AI build a the most perfect village. So got all available points.
(example scoring a +3 all landscape tile, the AI score 9Vp, 3 for a mountain landscape, 3 for a water landscape, 3 for a plain landscape)

well I really enjoy playing this variant on my last game got 83Vp same like the AI, he/she/it beat me with 7 coins left.

anyway, hope you would try, let me know,

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nouvato wrote:
3.Discard, 1 face down tile from Tiles Stack.
Can you clarify what this means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3.Discard, Take 1 tile face down from bag off.

When I play, not use a bag, stacked all tiles face down like carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But what is the point of discarding a face down tile? I'm still not sure I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nouvato wrote:

3.Buy, AI use all coins on Buy Stack and take the Player tile with the most coins.

So... wouldn't the player use this information to maximize the amount of coins he or she can get by pricing a worthless tile unreasonably high?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richcharters wrote:
But what is the point of discarding a face down tile? I'm still not sure I get it.

was trying to follow the rules with out changes, only. Anyway still thinking its a good way to shrink tiles on the bag to more difficult.

Nolto wrote:
nouvato wrote:

So... wouldn't the player use this information to maximize the amount of coins he or she can get by pricing a worthless tile unreasonably high?

Exactly, you have to plan about this, on few turn using this variant have to not buy tiles from the AI, cause not want add more coins to refuse the AI buy my tiles.

Maybe we would improve this rules to make changes on solo variant, something like...round 1,3,5 the AI buy the most expensive...round 2,4 the AI buy the cheap tile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
4.Build, AI do not build.

5.Scoring, AI score like it AI build a the most perfect village. So got all available points.
(example scoring a +3 all landscape tile, the AI score 9Vp, 3 for a mountain landscape, 3 for a water landscape, 3 for a plain landscape)

I do not understand this fully. The AI does not build a landscape but does collect the tiles it bought, right?
How does scoring exactly work? You say it always scores max points, but what are the optimal points for a each goal? There are some goals which say, "The player with tho most...scores X points". These i understand. But
there are also many different goals that have a more complex requirement to calculate and which don't yield a fixed point value but rather have to be calculated from the tile layout built. How do you calculate these goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Maybe we would improve this rules to make changes on solo variant, something like...round 1,3,5 the AI buy the most expensive...round 2,4 the AI buy the cheap tile...

I think you have to decide this randomly. with a die roll for example. Otherwise the player could always exploit the scripted AI behaviour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
AI score like it AI build a the most perfect village. So got all available points.
If i think more about it, how will you be able to beat the AI if it always scores optimal/max points? How can you achieve more points than the AI at the end of the game? Only through end game bonusses (scrolls)?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.