Subject: ETA of retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Nurse
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
Hi guys,
I have all the kickstarter exclusive gubbins for Conan but not the optional things that were going to be available afterwards. I was wondering if we roughly know when these will materialise at standard retail? I used Monolith's website form a few weeks ago and am waiting for a reply but I'm a little tempted by what I'm seeing on the selling on market now. Anyone have any info?
Thanks,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
No ETA.

IIRC, the only optionnal items that are going retail for sure (i.e. publicly announced) are the large expansions (Nordheim & Khitai). Maybe a couple others more.
For the rest we don't know. And I guess Monolith doesn't know either.

It entirely depends on the distributors, not on Monolith. Distributors are their customer for retail, not you and me. It's totally different from the KS sales channel. Distributors won't ask for more optionnal items if the base game doesn't sell weel enough in retail already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nurse
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
Oh, OK, thanks for the info.

I only bought things that were marked 'kickstarter exclusive' so there are some quite tasty bits I passed on. Lets hope that Monolith / distributors come through for the players because I don't love supporting the markup these sellers on are receiving. I am hoping Monolith will do some direct trade from their online store which is under construction.

Thanks again,

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yogah and the crossbowmen are already available to order, so there's obviously a retail plan for some add-ons - likely more than those two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee is the distributor for the retail version of the game. So, you should check their site if you want to know what's coming. If you go there now you will see that they've announced Yogah of Yag, Crossbow Men, Kushite Witch Hunters, and the xtra dice pack for retail in early 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nurse
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
Thanks guys,
I'll look them up and get my order in.
Cheers,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS has it on the shelf. Maybe they backed it for retail sale though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
My FLGS has it on the shelf. Maybe they backed it for retail sale though?

No, that's probably the retail version of the core game, which came out in stores last week on the 23rd. The OP was talking about the expansions and add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.