BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [VPG] Cyber Monday 20%(*) off Victory Point Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games is having a 20% off sale for Cyber Monday today. All titles.

Edit: Sale lasts until 11:59pm PST (-0800 GMT) Monday November 28.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [VPG] Cyber Monday 20% off Victory Point Games
Did anyone else notice that some of the prices were raised a week before this sale? They pretty much counteract the discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure? Unless it was for specific titles, I don't see it. If Archive.org works correctly, it seems to show that previous prices (like mid-October or mid-July) are correct as non-20%-discounted compared to today's prices. Examples: Dawn of the Zeds 3e $79.99 vs $63.99; Hapsburg Eclipse: $32.99 vs $26.39; etc.

Their prices were discounted 10% on and off in recent weeks. Maybe that is what you saw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very possible that I'm mistaken. I apologize to anyone that might be confused. I like VPG and enjoy many of their games.

The confusing part is that I never know what's being discounted. At the product page it shows the current price and not something like:

$32.99 26.39

However, if you search for a game, the results will show you:

Boxed Edition - $26.39 (Regularly $32.99!)

In the past, I was only checking the product page unaware of whether a game was at regular price or discounted. I was probably viewing the games during a sale thinking that was the regular price.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their games in general have gone up though. Circus Train (Second edition) is one example of a game which has risen at a large rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What happened to Healthy Heart Hospital? - it's vanished from their site like it never existed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Did anyone else notice that some of the prices were raised a week before this sale? They pretty much counteract the discount.

I agree, something doesn't look quite right about the prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin McGraw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up HHH on Amazon last week. It was still through VP games, but, yeah, it's not on their official website right now. I remember seeing on their website that it was going to be "leaving" about a month or so ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco LaRocco
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
What happened to Healthy Heart Hospital? - it's vanished from their site like it never existed.

It may be sold out. I believe they were getting ready to start a KS for the new out-of-house printed edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DubiousSerenity wrote:
abonosky wrote:

It may be sold out. I believe they were getting ready to start a KS for the new out-of-house printed edition.

I've just read through the forums and it looks like they're producing an updated (not deluxified) boxed version that's going straight to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
DubiousSerenity wrote:
abonosky wrote:

I've just read through the forums and it looks like they're producing an updated (not deluxified) boxed version that's going straight to retail.

Let's hope they spice up that cover...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
abonosky wrote:
DubiousSerenity wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Let's hope they spice up that cover...

Or they could just add "50th Anniversary Edition" to the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Zowin
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to buy Wings for the Baron with this 20% off sale, but once the $13 shipping charge factored in it was cheaper to get the 10% sale through Amazon with free shipping. $44.46 (Amazon 10%) vs ~$53 (VPG site 20%)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.