Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Hylbak
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
1. How many family members can you play during Family time. "Have FAMILY TIME! This is where any FAMILY MEMBER (matching your FAMILY TREE) and/or modifier(s)from your hand, are placed face up in front of you. A MODIFIER can only be played on an appropriate FAMILY MEMBER (i.e., you can’t play SEX CHANGE on a PET).

This makes it sound like you can only play 1 member during Family time.

2. When playing "Take 1 to 2 brothers or sisters from any family" or "steal 1 family member from 1 players family", do those stolen members go into your hand for your next family time or do they go directly in play in your family? Stealing one member or another's family may not match your family, so I assumed they would go into your hand <if this is the case how do you deal with the 5 card limit>?

3. When playing cards like "Kill 1 __ from EVERY family", does the EVERY include your family?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
1. I have the same question. I think you can only play 1 family member during Family Time, but I'd like to know for sure (it makes a huge difference).

2. They go into your hand. The rules state, "If an ACTION allows you to steal one or more cards from another player, place the stolen card(s) in your hand."

3. EVERY seems pretty clear - that would include yours too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Regarding question #1: I received a reply via PM on Kickstarter that you can play up to as many Family Members during FAMILY TIME as you can match from your Family Tree (sometimes requiring modifier(s) to make them match), but you can only play Family Members during FAMILY TIME.

I've suggested a rules change:

Step 1: Have FAMILY TIME! This is where any FAMILY MEMBER ***change to MEMBER(S)*** (matching your FAMILY TREE) and/or modifier(s) from your hand, are placed face up in front of you.

I think that would make it clear for new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
I also had a question about Modifier cards since the rules state they can be played on ANY family member. To clarify, they can only be played on your family members - not those of other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hylbak
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for looking into those things. They were a bit confusing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Joachimczuk
msg tools
How works card Buried Alive - "Fake your own death. Send this Family Member to the Graveyard."? What idea is sending it's own Family Member on the Graveyard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
You may find another family member that works better in that slot (one with an action, for example). The Buried Alive card allows you to send a family member to the graveyard so you make room for the replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.