Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n. n.
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring to the original version of the card, which allowed you to allocate the vote(s) of another player.

In our game, there were two items in the armory. Two players were present with figures. Player A (2 votes) and player B (1 vote). A uses his majority to claim the first item and then used the Weapon Replica card to make B vote for giving him the second item.

Is this possible?

I argued against it, based on the rules saying that every player in the sharing can receive a maximum of one item, no matter the votes; the winner by votes only decides who gets what:

Quote:
The winner of the vote must distribute the items (cards or antidote) as they see fit, but no one can get more than an item.

Which version is correct? And if there are more items than players, can a player receive more than 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right. Both players should get one item and player A should decide who gets which. There is no voting for the 2nd item.

If there are more items than players then in my opinion the excess items are discarded. But I don't have rulebook in front of me, so I am not 100% sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n. n.
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found in the FAQ Shame on me. shake

Quote:
Q: What if there are more elements to share than there are players? Do players get multiple items?
A: No, the extra item(s) remain on the location. They will be shared in a future turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question remains why this information isn't directly in the rules section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know that A isn't required to give the other item to B, right?
A can hand it to whichever player they want, whether the recipient has a character present at the location or not. Thus, you only have items left over when there are more items than total players, which is exceedingly rare--thus its relegation to the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, good point. I haven't played CoH for a while and forgot some nuances blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.