Subject: Narrative Sculptures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
So White Fang, the Twilight Swordsman was just revealed as part ofbthe Gambler's Chest and the description Poots gave provides a lot of food for thought. These figures seem different from the pinups in that they might actually have an impact on the story. He mentions that White Fang is a good way to get around the Cumbersome rule for the twilight sword, so I take that to mean that these figures represent some kind of "unlockable" bonus in the game by pairing certain weapons and armor sets. Are these figures different from models like Percival or Fade that represent "wild cards" in the KD:M world?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you misunderstood what he said.

The miniature is a female in white lion armor with the twilight sword.

If you manage to build a complete lion set, and get the twilight sword, you have a nice mini to represent this awesome gear set.

But I don't think, that there is anything special about her, gameplay wise.

Let's see, if we get more information about the narrative sculptures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is narrative sculptures are just fancier minis that can have in game use (unlike many pin-ups).

Poots was mentioning the twilight sword plus white fur armor set bonus as a way to avoid the sword's cumbersome. Nothing about the miniature (or assumed accompanying rules) modifying anything.

I think narrative minis are supposed to straddle that line between "promo" and "game use" to help highlight key moments in the game.

Just my .02.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it seems like he's trying to bring in some unique (randomly acquirable?) roles for the settlement to make use of.

Or maybe that's me being hopeful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tharbkrakens wrote:
So White Fang, the Twilight Swordsman was just revealed as part ofbthe Gambler's Chest and the description Poots gave provides a lot of food for thought. These figures seem different from the pinups in that they might actually have an impact on the story. He mentions that White Fang is a good way to get around the Cumbersome rule for the twilight sword, so I take that to mean that these figures represent some kind of "unlockable" bonus in the game by pairing certain weapons and armor sets. Are these figures different from models like Percival or Fade that represent "wild cards" in the KD:M world?

i believe the cumbersome ignore is due to the full white lion set. Havent checked the rules on the white lion set but i believe thats what poots meant.

Its basically just a miniature that u can use to represent a survivor. No indication of gameplay content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Epidemius wrote:
I think narrative minis are supposed to straddle that line between "promo" and "game use" to help highlight key moments in the game.

That's how I view it as well, and I love it. I find these "narrative" figures far more interesting and useful than the pinups. I hope there are more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, this is just a mini that represents an awesome gear combo that can be achieved in the game, but it does not directly affect or change any rules.

I've actually used this exact combo before in game - White Lion set plus Twilight Sword is awesome. This mini is just meant to represent that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I'll be interested to see what other gear combos pop up. Full leather with shield plus Zambato, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
Full leather with shield plus Zambato, maybe?

I thought Zambato was two-handed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Styfen wrote:
gorkel wrote:
i believe the cumbersome ignore is due to the full white lion set. Havent checked the rules on the white lion set but i believe thats what poots meant.

Its basically just a miniature that u can use to represent a survivor. No indication of gameplay content.

Pounce on the White Lion armour torso piece lets you spend your move (knight) and activation (Bolt) to move 3 squares in a straight line and activate a melee weapon - even if it has cumbersome. This is what Poots is referring to.

It's not exactly what I'd want to equip my twilight sword user with, but it's a cool looking sculpt.

Yeah, I reread back through the description and I do think I misinterpreted. Haven't ever put a twilight sword with lion set since it is usually such a hassle to line up that you have to dash anyways. Could see how it might come in handy but I prefer to use a weapon with reach to give better range for pounce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greasy Reese wrote:
emmit svenson wrote:

You can use two handed weapons with shields. You could sculpt it as a buckler, or be lazy and have the shield strapped to the models' back/two-handed weapon in one hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking that they could be savior replacements. Maybe even premade NPC characters that come to the settlement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
TheEremite wrote:
Greasy Reese wrote:
emmit svenson wrote:

You can use two handed weapons with shields. You could sculpt it as a buckler, or be lazy and have the shield strapped to the models' back/two-handed weapon in one hand.

It's a very solid combo in terms of activating affinities. You get the leather set bonuses, an activated zambato, and the full evasion bonus from monster grease. Oh, forgot to mention the grease! That would make for a fun sculpt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IMHO, a narrative miniature is a miniature which pose and equipment is a snapshot of the narrative.
He says it himself: they are survivors posed to tell the pinnacle of their (your) story.

- Pinups are eye candy
- Promos are characters of the KD world that are not directly related to your campaign (most of the time).
- Narrative miniatures are representing a noticeable moment in your campaign storyline.

That is how I get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
baylock wrote:
- Pinups are eye candy
- Promos are characters of the KD world that are not directly related to your campaign (most of the time).
- Narrative miniatures are representing a noticeable moment in your campaign storyline.

That is how I get it.

Well put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
IMHO, a narrative miniature is a miniature which pose and equipment is a snapshot of the narrative.
He says it himself: they are survivors posed to tell the pinnacle of their (your) story.

- Pinups are eye candy

That is how I get it.

alternatively,
- pinups are eye candy
- promos are unbalanced variants, and another kind of eye candy
- narratives are the famous dynamic poses we were asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
emmit svenson wrote:
I'll be interested to see what other gear combos pop up. Full leather with shield plus Zambato, maybe?

Boom, called it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.