Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Berriman
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you add a 6th player? In other words, can this game accommodate adding in April, Splinter, or Casey Jones characters to turn the game into a 1 versus 5-player game? Has anyone identified any balancing problems with adding a 6th player to the mix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's definitely possible, though there are two foreseeable problems: first, the addition of an extra player will add to the downtime other players have to wait; second, it will make the game considerably easier for the heroes.

I guess there's a third problem too: some of the game's scenarios only have four spaces for the heroes to spawn, but you could cheat that.

So, I don't think it would break the game completely, but you just have to know those caveats ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
I think it would take some extra balancing. While the villain would get an additional 2 activations per round the turtles would have an extra hero, which would make a huge difference on both sides.

It will greatly improve the villain's options as the villain player will cycle through his deck quicker making it more likely he gets the cards needed to activate the units he wants to activate when he wants to. I suspect the villain will be forced into desperation activations much less. One extra round of activations on the villains side can be all the difference between KO'ing and not KO'ing a Hero.

On the Hero side, their characters are so much more effective individually that an extra round of a Hero activation can make a huge swing in their favor. Don't forget a lot of abilities on the Hero side synergize with other hero's and having more Heroes can greatly magnify the benefit of them all.

It may balance out in the end. It would take testing and tell both sides to not be surprised if one side dominates the other. It could take some tweaks to get things right. However it could work out great, either way let us know how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would just play something that is 6 players. Zombicides using the turtles as survivors. The down time for players is something to consider that extra player would add a lot more as it is the player time min 5 minimum and the villain another 5min so, now you are looking at an hour per round.
You Also would need to add addition villain models. I would total the number for the fourplayer 5 gunners = 1.25 so you would need to add to the first mission at least 1 gunner and 1 thug which would be close 6 gunners = 1.2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Kevin Wilson suggested splitting the villain across 2 players, so they would share the same hand of 5 but make their own choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I would agree to letting the 6th player be a villain. There is already a significant amount of downtown between players as turtles in my opinion. The game is awesome but it plays best with 2-3 players I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have an alternate suggestion. You could have 5 heroes, but only 4 of them can be activated per round. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
I have an alternate suggestion. You could have 5 heroes, but only 4 of them can be activated per round. Thoughts?

Ooh. I like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.