Subject: Rules Question: "Buy any 1 or 2 resources." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Wong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. Love this game, the rules are very easy to pick up. So far this is the only rules issue I've run into.

There's an influence card whose text says "Buy any 1 or 2 resources."

Does this mean:

A) I can buy 1 food OR 2 food

B) I can buy 1 food AND 1 chemical

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do both (if you have the money).

We didn't write buy any 2 resources, because someone might understand that it is mandatory to buy 2 resources. The card simply states that you can buy 2 resources (without using any manager), but if you don't have the money you can buy only one.

I am glad you are enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Wong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pantelis! I love your game, thank you so much for all your hard work on it. It is my 3rd '10/10' on BGG.

Re: the language: I think it would have been clearer if you phrased it as 'Buy up to 2 resources of any type.' Maybe a note for future printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigma83 wrote:

Re: the language: I think it would have been clearer if you phrased it as 'Buy up to 2 resources of any type.' Maybe a note for future printing?

This would actually be less clear. "Type" (singular) would mean they need to be of the same kind.

I don't quite get why some of the cards (especially the shady business cards) Needed to be ambiguous. I appreciate the effort of keeping the amount of text low, but with the huge card size, there would have been more than enough space to explain the effects more clearly while still keeping the text size at least as large as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sigma83 wrote:
Hi Pantelis! I love your game, thank you so much for all your hard work on it. It is my 3rd '10/10' on BGG.

Thanks for you kind words Kalvin. We have been working on this game for almost 4 years. It's nice to see people enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:

I don't quite get why some of the cards (especially the shady business cards) Needed to be ambiguous. I appreciate the effort of keeping the amount of text low, but with the huge card size, there would have been more than enough space to explain the effects more clearly while still keeping the text size at least as large as it is.

Well, we didn't expect so many problems with the texting in the cards. You are right that we need to make these cards more straightforward in any future releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.