Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
New preview for the U-Wing from Rogue One here:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/28/valuab...

I copied in all the cards from this set, even ones that were revealed in the previous article, just to make discussion easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodhi's ability to coordinate target locks and the Inspiring Recruit have both got me thinking.

Also, that dial is way better than expected. This ship will be a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Recruit will help Rage users and Stress Hogs, and since it's not faction limited, everybody can use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspiring Recruit makes the two-stress large ship builds I've always wanted to try practical. Something like:

Decimator - Captain Oicunn
Dauntless
Daredevil
Inspiring Recruit
Engine Upgrade

You can crash twice into a ship this way and clear both stress (1 from Dauntless and 1 from Daredevil) on the next activation instead of being hampered for a round.

Chiraneau with Expert Handling and Experimental Interface will work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack Shuttle Ezra + Rage + Inspiring Recruit could be a thing too.

It's too bad the U-Wing doesn't have a barrel roll or else Heff Tobber could be kind of awesome. Get rammed by someone, barrel roll away so you can shoot at them. Although you could put crew Zeb on him and get the same effect. You'd just get shot at too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hence actually running Lando crew with Zeb. I'll take a trade if it means you bumped me, are probably tokenless, and I stand a solid chance of being 2 AGI with an evade token or two. 4 dice with a focus? and maybe a TL if someone else bumps? I'll take that trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to admit that this puts the Lambda shuttle to shame. Oh, well.

Inspiring Recruit is going to make the power creep even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:

The platform needs to be better IMO, because the Rebels don't have nearly as good support crew to put on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
heychadwick wrote:

The platform needs to be better IMO, because the Rebels don't have nearly as good support crew to put on it.

I'm assuming you mean they don't have the Emperor. Besides him, they have a hell of a lot more good crew options than the Imperials. The Imperials don't have that great options outside of the Emperor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
Sassycat wrote:
heychadwick wrote:

I'm assuming you mean they don't have the Emperor. Besides him, they have a hell of a lot more good crew options than the Imperials. The Imperials don't have that great options outside of the Emperor.

Rebels have a lot of good crew options, but they're typically not crew that buff other ships. Imperials have Palp, Hux, Systems Officer and Fleet Officer - all of which help friendlies.

The Rebels have Leia (basically useless), Kanan (almost always used to improve his own ship's maneuvering rather than a friend's), Jan Ors and Jyn Erso.

Since the Rebel card pool makes the U-Wing inherently worse at supporting friendlies than the Lambda, it needs to pull more weight as a combat ship in its own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
heychadwick wrote:
Sassycat wrote:
heychadwick wrote:

Rebels have a lot of good crew options, but they're typically not crew that buff other ships. Imperials have Palp, Hux, Systems Officer and Fleet Officer - all of which help friendlies.

The Rebels have Leia (basically useless), Kanan (almost always used to improve his own ship's maneuvering rather than a friend's), Jan Ors and Jyn Erso.

Since the Rebel card pool makes the U-Wing inherently worse at supporting friendlies than the Lambda, it needs to pull more weight as a combat ship in its own right.

For support roles...

Imperials have:
Hux = not out yet
Systems Officer = only at R1. Not really good.
Fleet Officer = is good

Rebels have:

Kanan = doesn't have to be on ship he's on.
Bohdi Rook
Jan Ors
Jyn Erso
Sabine Wren = other factions wish they had her

The U-wing with Heff allows a number of action oriented crew a viable option. I'm thinking Lando and Saboteur for starters.

I also don't think the U-wing needs to be better just for support options. I think the dial alone is such a huge improvement that you can add crew on the U-wing that are meant to buff that ship as a combat ship. It's possibilities as an actual fighting craft are a lot higher than that of the Lambda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.