tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a source for this or is this just what you hope the expansion will be? They seem to have characters and cards from all eras at once in Awakenings, so I would be surprised if they did something movie specific for the first expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GizmotronX5000 wrote:
Is there a source for this or is this just what you hope the expansion will be? They seem to have characters and cards from all eras at once in Awakenings, so I would be surprised if they did something movie specific for the first expansion.

There are many examples of core sets that focus on a mix, and then expansions for specific movies/eras/books/etc... (depending on what is being adapted into a game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that they don't do that. Unless it's like a mini-set with 50-60 cards. I don't expect to have the Rogue One characters instantly endeared to me after one viewing. I wouldn't care if they were mixed into a larger set though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
I don't expect to have the Rogue One characters instantly endeared to me after one viewing.

Well, I did with Force Awakens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it being a mix. Who do I see being in set 2? Chewbacca. Sorry, he should have been in set 1 along with R2D2 and C3PO. But I can see that they may not want all iconic characters in the first three sets just as much as not having all Force Awakens characters as you will limit the buy in and why put such a restriction on your product?

Just my opinion and as of right now I look forward to December 1st to see what is released and hoping I get my two boosters boxes I preordered in July otherwise I am looking at a even longer wait time to see what I pull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
I don't expect to have the Rogue One characters instantly endeared to me after one viewing.

Sure, for Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo (if you don't get turned off by emo-tantrums), and maybe Maz Kanata, Snoke, Phasma, and Hux.

So can you make an 18-uniques character roster out of that? Hell, can you make a 12-uniques spread that covers the colors and is recognizeable enough to make you excited when you pull a character?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG accidentally tweeted the announcement of Spirit of the Rebellion this morning, saying it would bring Rogue One characters.

However, it's also been previously confirmed that Chewie is in the set, so my guess would be we'll see characters from Rebels, Rogue One, and the OT, with less Clone Wars and TFA stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Sure, for Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo (if you don't get turned off by emo-tantrums), and maybe Maz Kanata, Snoke, Phasma, and Hux.

So can you make an 18-uniques character roster out of that? Hell, can you make a 12-uniques spread that covers the colors and is recognizeable enough to make you excited when you pull a character?

1 - Rey
2 - Finn
3 - Kylo
4 - Maz Kanata
5 - Snoke
6 - Phasma
7 - Hux
8 - Poe
9 - Unkar Plutt
10 - Tasu Leech
11 - Bala-Tik
12 - Lor San Tekka
13 - Snap Wexley
14 - Nien Nunb
15 - Han Solo
16 - Chewbacca
17 - BB8
18 - R2D2 & C3PO

There you go - 18. Let's get to printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

1 - Rey
2 - Finn
3 - Kylo
4 - Maz Kanata
5 - Snoke
6 - Phasma
7 - Hux
8 - Poe
9 - Unkar Plutt
10 - Tasu Leech
11 - Bala-Tik
12 - Lor San Tekka
13 - Snap Wexley
14 - Nien Nunb
15 - Han Solo
16 - Chewbacca
17 - BB8
18 - R2D2 & C3PO

Really. Tasu-Leech and Bala-Tik but no Leia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just running characters off stream of consciousness. Please feel free to add to it and make a bigger set. And this would be General Leia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the term recognizable was also a criteria...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Who in that list isn't recognizable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see. Hux, Tasu Leech, Bala-Tik, Lor San Tekka, Snap Wexley, Nien Nunb?

Unkar Plutt is never actually named in the movie, but at least I know who he is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude! NieN Nunb was Lando's co-pilot. Loved him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Unkar Plutt is never actually named in the movie

HAN
Where'd you get this ship?

REY
Niima Outpost.

HAN
Jakku?! That junkyard?

FINN
Thank you! Junkyard!

HAN (TO CHEWIE)
Told ya we should've double-checked the Western Reaches!

HAN (TO REY)
Who had it, Ducain?

REY
I stole it from Unkar Plutt. He stole it from the Irving Boys, who stole it from Ducain.

HAN
Who stole it from me! Well, you tell him Han Solo just stole back the Millennium Falcon for good.

REY
This is the Millennium Falcon? You're Han Solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hill
msg tools
mbmb
Nice. Spirit of the rebellion would be great. It's too bad Dark Forces has been negated as far as Canon (due to Rogue One) but I would love to see a Kyle card. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Your #1 is one of the primary bad guys in the film...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
FFG accidentally tweeted the announcement of Spirit of the Rebellion this morning, saying it would bring Rogue One characters.

However, it's also been previously confirmed that Chewie is in the set, so my guess would be we'll see characters from Rebels, Rogue One, and the OT, with less Clone Wars and TFA stuff.

Assumption: Chewie isn't in Rogue One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Your #1 is one of the primary bad guys in the film...

See my previous comment about characters endearing themselves to me after one viewing. Obviously, whoever he is didn't leave an impression...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hill
msg tools
mbmb
Hux has more screen time than Snoke haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Hux? The guy in charge that kept arguing with Kylo Ren, the big-bad of the whole movie, mirroring the original Tarkin; the only other guy you see answer directly to Snoke; who gave the order to fire Starkiller Base's superweapon... if you missed him, and his name which was uttered several times, then there are bigger problems than the characters not endearing to you. He's crucial to the plot and impossible to miss.

Hell, in Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett had no name (nobody called him by name onscreen until ROTJ three years later) and had less screen time than EVERY CHARACTER listed above; given his instant and lasting popularity, that whole argument loses a lot of ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'd add that Hux's fanaticism during his speech to the troops was what sealed the deal on making him memorable to me. It began when he stood toe to toe with Kylo and that capped it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Kaffis wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Copying your list below to comment and classify so we can evaluate it.

1 Hero Blue 1 - Rey (Yup. Looking at the rest, this is probably the hero blue L)
2 Hero Yellow 1 - Finn (Solid, sure.)
3 V Blue 1 - Kylo (Villain blue L material)
4 H Blue 2 - Maz Kanata (If fan theories are right -- or are they more than fan theories by now?)
5 V Blue 2 - Snoke (This is a personal yawn for me, but makes sense)
6 V Red 1 - Phasma (Maybe the L?)
7 V Red 2 - Hux (Or this gets the L, depending on their card effects)
8 H Red 1 - Poe (Probably your L)
9 V Yellow 1 - Unkar Plutt (Not exciting, IMO, but at least I'll know who he is. Given that Bala-Tik makes the cut in the actual set, I guess I can't say you're wrong, as with him I had to try to place his face for a minute)
10 V Yellow 2 - Tasu Leech (Who? I can only assume this is the other gang leader?)
11 V Yellow 3 - Bala-Tik (K.)
12 H ??? - Lor San Tekka (I'm pretty sure I remember who this guy is, but not exciting. He has just enough screen time to die unsympathetically, with no character development. I don't even know enough about him to place his color between yellow and red. If somebody says he's some exiled Force user I'm table flipping this set. )
13 - Snap Wexley (Who? I don't even know if this is a hero or a villain)
14 H Red 2 - Nien Nunb (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that military life has suited him for the last 20 years, because in RotJ I'd have made him yellow)
15 H Yellow 2 - Han Solo (Assuming we don't already have the Awakenings set, which was the exercise, he still merits the L)
16 H Yellow 3 - Chewbacca (Yup)
17 H Red 3 - BB8 (This is a huge stretch. BB-8 lets you include blaster rifles? And gets activated by squad tactics? Ick. I'm only doing this because I have no idea how else you get 3 red heroes)
18 H Yellow 4 - R2D2 & C3PO (I didn't mention on BB-8 that I'm strongly opposed to droids as characters, did I?)

So, just one blue hero, at least four yellow heroes, only two red villains, two blue villains, and a 10/7 split hero/villain on characters I'm confident enough to classify. While you came closer than I expected (while making several stretches) on the count, I don't think you stuck the landing on the distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HillKing wrote:
Nice. Spirit of the rebellion would be great. It's too bad Dark Forces has been negated as far as Canon (due to Rogue One) but I would love to see a Kyle card. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop?

I'm desperately hoping for a Kyle cameo. I'd be ecstatic if the source of the intel in the first place referenced him, even obliquely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.