Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... I really like the idea of a co-op game against a common enemy, with deck-building. I just didn't like how random and fiddly Sentinels was. It seemed like a random hodgepodge of rules and exceptions. How can I scratch that itch with another game?

Xenoshyft seemed cool. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SotM doesn't have deck-building in it. You select a deck and that's it. Actual co-op deck-building is Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeon's End. You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero Realms deckbuilder has a co-op expansion coming soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
SotM doesn't have deck-building in it. You select a deck and that's it. Actual co-op deck-building is Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game.

You're right. My mistake.

May I ask, why the Alien deckbuilding game versus any of the other Legendary games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
matthean wrote:

May I ask, why the Alien deckbuilding game versus any of the other Legendary games?

Any of the Legendary Encounters games are equal. Pick based on theme preference.*
Marvel (and presumably Big Trouble in Little China) is only semi-coop- you work together to beat the mastermind, but at the end there's only one REAL winner.

*FWIW Predator only has half as much co-op content as the other two Encounters games because it also has a fully competitive mode too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:
matthean wrote:

Any of the Legendary Encounters games are equal. Pick based on theme preference.*
Marvel (and presumably Big Trouble in Little China) is only semi-coop- you work together to beat the mastermind, but at the end there's only one REAL winner.

*FWIW Predator only has half as much co-op content as the other two Encounters games because it also has a fully competitive mode too.

Oh, I see. I hadn't realized that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:

Because it is the most content focused within a specific area(s). Predator may have more cards, 700 vs 600, but it is spread out over various different modes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Pluim
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
Aeon's End. You're welcome.

I'm going to second this suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XenoShyft: Onslaught I have not personally played, but I have heard good things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:
matthean wrote:

To be fair there is enough out there (including the challenge modes from Dark City) that you can play Legendary purely cooperatively. In fact, if it were not for the ability to play it purely cooperatively, I would have stopped playing it along time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.