Champions of Midgard» Forums » Strategy

Subject: look a dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the strategy of the dice Six sided dice has a 16.666666667 % chance of hitting per side . I have rounded up to make it simpler

When you look at the numbers you realize the white dice are really not worth collecting the red dice and black dice combination are going give you the most consistent results; I wish there was a fourth color dice that had three shields and three blanks.

Sword white dice
51% chance to miss
34% change to hit
17% chance to hit onece
17% chance to hit twice
17% chance to block with a sheild

Spear red dice
34% chance to miss
51% chance to hit
33% chance hit once
17% to hit twice
17% chance to block

Axe black dice
34% chance to miss
68% chance to hit
34% chance to pit once
34% chance to hit twice
0% chance to block

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the 2017 expansion will have new leaders and new warrior dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the dice are a limited resource, and the number of dice available each turn is also limited, I think a better conclusion would be that white dice are "not worth prioritizing when collecting dice" rather than "not worth collecting". When dice stocks get low, or other players snag those red and black dice first on the turn, I don't think the game would work out well for you if you decide to not collect any warriors at all with your actions.

Often the white dice spot ends up collecting two warriors on it before it gets collected, and collecting two white dice for the same cost as a single red makes it a lot more intriguing of an option. When you can get them for cheap, they make excellent battle fodder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While their odds of rolling a hit don't increase in this situation:

Using them with the Swordmaiden makes each hit more valuable, and your chances of getting max food / landing 3x hit on a monster go up as well when factoring for how much damage you need to 'push through.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the most useful thing about white dice is that you can sacrifice them to the monsters.
They have a 17% chance of defending themselves, and 100% defending their fellow axemen/spearmen with their body. (well unless a storm comes and kills them before...still actually)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.