Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who else is totally pumped for the reveal of the first full gameplay expansion? I am ready for this!

For anyone not super familiar with KD, us veterans instantly recognize the silhouette as the Nightmare Ram, which has previously been released as a resin miniature, and mentioned by Adam long ago as an upcoming expansion:

Link to the resin model:
https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/nightmare-ram

Link to the update teasing the expansion (scroll all the way down to where it says Sneak Peek):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yeah, I love the model!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that hip joint is a little smoother in the hard plastic version. Otherwise I'll be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YAAASS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That' some serious nightmare fuel.

Quote:
The nightmare ram is the living spawn of a parasitic plant. It subsists on the salt of creatures which it metabolizes to power the glowing bulbs that grow atop its tough horns and the large lantern organ on it carries outside its body. They are sensitive, lonesome creatures that carefully cultivate beautiful, hidden gardens containing the plants that produce them. They will often beat trespassers into a pulp and use them as salt-rich fertilizer.

Absolutely brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am! The rumors for a while now are that the NR is supposed to be more "dungeony" as it roams around a labyrinth. I'd be really stoked for terrain to play a big part in this show down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Who else is totally pumped for the reveal of the first full gameplay expansion? I am ready for this!

For anyone not super familiar with KD, us veterans instantly recognize the silhouette as the Nightmare Ram, which has previously been released as a resin miniature, and mentioned by Adam long ago as an upcoming expansion:

The Nightmare Ram is also the monster Aya fights after being rescued by the Gold Smoke Knight in the comic at the back of the core rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't own or play but I do admire the aesthetic.

One of the freakier monsters, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
tumorous wrote:
I hope that hip joint is a little smoother in the hard plastic version.

LOL at hands joke!

Squishing the hard plastic models together with plastic cement seems to eliminate most of those kinds of gaps. I've noticed photos of the resin Lion God always show big gaps that I eliminated in my model by putting a lot of plastic cement on some shavings from my sprues and stuffing them all in the join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
tumorous wrote:

I recommend something like Hobbylite Filler:
http://www.hobbico.com/shop/accys/hcar3400.php

You should be able to find it at your local craft/hobby shop, or on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Don't own or play but I do admire the aesthetic.

One of the freakier monsters, I think.

Yeah, the freaky aesthetic is one of my favorite things about the universe and game. Hyper weird and hyper brutal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
I am! The rumors for a while now are that the NR is supposed to be more "dungeony" as it roams around a labyrinth. I'd be really stoked for terrain to play a big part in this show down.

Yeah, he touches on this a little bit in the sneak peek in the second link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I must be the odd one out since I'm not too crazy about the Ram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
I must be the odd one out since I'm not too crazy about the Ram.

which possible expansion are you most exicted to potentially see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
emmit svenson wrote:
tumorous wrote:

LOL at hands joke!

Squishing the hard plastic models together with plastic cement seems to eliminate most of those kinds of gaps. I've noticed photos of the resin Lion God always show big gaps that I eliminated in my model by putting a lot of plastic cement on some shavings from my sprues and stuffing them all in the join.

This is hilarious -- do you know they make putty specifically for fixing these joins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And apparently the Ram comes with Dungeon tiles and bits.

Quite the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Elltrain wrote:
[q="emmit svenson"]This is hilarious -- do you know they make putty specifically for fixing these joins?

I do! But green stuff etc. is unnecessary for these hard plastic models. Seriously, just take the little bits of plastic left over from cutting your sprue, put them in place with a bit of plastic cement, and they melt nicely into a seamless weld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I was thinking after reading the revealing update is that not a chance this will be an $80 expansion later in retail. $150 (or more!) more likely, as it contains a lot of new tiles and totally new dungeon builder deck/mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of hope this means we do see the Griffin as a big campaign expansion during the KS. We know most of that stuff takes place in the inverted mountain. NR could be a huntable monster in that part of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
The designer's sense of humor is one big thing that is attractive about this game and the kickstarter:

"They are sensitive, lonesome creatures" and in the same paragraph "they will often beat trespassers into a pulp and use them as salt-rich fertilizer"

"Survivors will be…doused with boiling water (from the Boiling Water Bug minions of course)"

"Get ready to die in a whole new way!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim J
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I'm really hoping this means we get to see an expansion with the Flower Witch and her Disciples in the Abyssal Woods. The flavor text for the first disciple mentions the inverted mountain.

Quote:
A coven of disciples that assist in the care of the Abyssal Woods; clearing trails, calming boiling rivers, balancing bacterial colonies, and most importantly, clearing the clots from the infinity web that encloses the vacuum at the heart of the forest.

The staves of the disciples are topped with a dense mineral, so saturated with colors that it appears black to human eyes. The mineral is the heart of a plant that lives in warm nests deep within a great inverted mountain. The Flower Witch teaches its disciples to use their staves to manipulate plant life cycles, commanding them to grow or wither.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
emmit svenson wrote:
Elltrain wrote:
[q="emmit svenson"]This is hilarious -- do you know they make putty specifically for fixing these joins?

I do! But green stuff etc. is unnecessary for these hard plastic models. Seriously, just take the little bits of plastic left over from cutting your sprue, put them in place with a bit of plastic cement, and they melt nicely into a seamless weld.

Interesting. I'll try it. I hate filling gaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This announcement really excited me but I'm telling myself I have to sit tight and see what the other expansions are before throwing down more pledge money.

The dungeon aspect though is very different. I am looking for different fights or major campaign variants as my expansion to buy from here on out. Oh and one other nemesis (I only have Slenderman). Or two. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
This announcement really excited me but I'm telling myself I have to sit tight and see what the other expansions are before throwing down more pledge money.

The dungeon aspect though is very different. I am looking for different fights or major campaign variants as my expansion to buy from here on out. Oh and one other nemesis (I only have Slenderman). Or two. whistle

100% exactly this. The only reason I could afford to back this was because of a larger than expected bonus from work, and I've sworn to myself not to overdo it on the expansions. One, perhaps two, by campaigns end. And perhaps a few of the pin ups because I'm really shallow like that. But with First Hero, Nightmare Ram, that thing teased at the end of the Kickstarter video, a reprint of Dragon God, and the potential of the Gryphon, there are gonna be some really tough choices to make...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Waspman wrote:
Epidemius wrote:

100% exactly this. The only reason I could afford to back this was because of a larger than expected bonus from work, and I've sworn to myself not to overdo it on the expansions. One, perhaps two, by campaigns end. And perhaps a few of the pin ups because I'm really shallow like that. But with First Hero, Nightmare Ram, that thing teased at the end of the Kickstarter video, a reprint of Dragon God, and the potential of the Gryphon, there are gonna be some really tough choices to make...

Yeah funny enough its those darn pin ups that have me wanting to throw $15 here and there. It adds up quick!

For me; I'm in on the BF Silver Lantern pledge level (I have a retail copy of the core game + 6 expansions already), Dragon King re-print, and maximum one other new expansion. I'm just biding my time to see what rears its head. It may be that the Ram is what I get but I feel like theres one other major campaign variant coming....and I like those the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.