Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one has Final Task, Gold Dragon, Necromancer Lord, Rampaging Wurm, Shadow Imp. Let me know what you think!

Go here: http://amazingspidertank.blogspot.com/2016/11/epic-dark-draf...

Poll
Which card would you pick if this was the first Dark Draft pack you opened?
Final Task
Gold Dragon
Necromancer Lord
Rampaging Wurm
Shadow Imp
      19 answers
Poll created by gamjuven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was one of the most interesting ones so far I think.

Shadow Imp takes the only blue card from your opponent which might send you into Sage, a great choice in Dark Draft. It's also the only 0-cost card here and 0-costs are really important. It can surprise block, get those last few points of damage in, etc.

I'm never sad to run Gold Dragon as it almost always functions as a gain 6 health that leaves a nice airborne body behind. As a 1-gold blitzer, I think it's slightly stronger but in a similar role to Rampaging Wurm (wait for your opponent to spend gold before you play it). Additionally, both of these picks cut off the only card of their color. While I think Gold Dragon has the slight edge in a vacuum, it's much better to keep your opponent out of Wild than out of Good.

Necromancer Lord is strong, but not as a first pick. He's unplayable without the loyalty trigger and there is no reason to commit to heavy Evil this early. That said, if you pass Final Task AND Necromancer Lord, if your opponent happened to first pick an Evil card, they will snap both of them up. Too much of a risk. I think it's best to take one or the other for that reason (passing four different colors to your opponent). In most cases, Necromancer Lord is going to function very similarly to Final Task before drawing removal. But Final Task is stronger off-turn and can also be used to draw cards. For me, it's Final Task for those reasons, with Shadow Imp a close second. The dealbreaker for me is not wanting to pass two very strong Evil cards together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hebert
msg tools
For me this is a Snap pick Final Task. There are cases for the other cards as have been pointed out above. However, I've never been in a situation where final task has been bad and sometimes it can completely change the game.

I'm also a huge fan of trying to combo it with Burrowing Wurm cause it's favorite thing to do so I'm biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperorOftheTides wrote:
For me this is a Snap pick Final Task. There are cases for the other cards as have been pointed out above. However, I've never been in a situation where final task has been bad and sometimes it can completely change the game.

I'm also a huge fan of trying to combo it with Burrowing Wurm cause it's favorite thing to do so I'm biased.

I like it with Brachiosaurus. Only a shame you can't take both FT & NL! And that's also a reason you don't want to pass them both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
shuffle a stack of at least 120 cards. Deal 5 to each player.

I've always wanted to know, why 120 and not 100?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
because 120 cards was the 1st starter deck of epic.40 of each faction.
Now i believe it must be +48 from 1 exp then +48 from 2nd add the promo cards.

this is my opinion of fair draft that include all the cards so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kounabi22 wrote:
because 120 cards was the 1st starter deck of epic.40 of each faction.
Now i believe it must be +48 from 1 exp then +48 from 2nd add the promo cards.

this is my opinion of fair draft that include all the cards so far.

Correct, Dark Draft uses one of each card, even though players will only see 100 of them total.

Now that Uprising has come out and pushed the total cards over 200, it's actually possible to run two concurrent Dark Draft matches using only a single set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.