Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter for Yokai Quest is doing pretty well, though it did slump a little over the holiday weekend. Hopefully it's going to get back on track pretty quickly - I'm delighted with how much backers are already getting, and the upcoming stretch goals look pretty great.

So three reasons I'm behind this one:

1) I readily admit that the first big reason I am backing Yokai Quest is because I play Super Dungeon Explore, and I'm incredibly excited about Super Dungeon Legends, and the giant box of minis can be used to expand Super Dungeon with customs I can use to create cool adventures.

2) The game looks like a hoot. It's simple enough but looks like there are strategic and tactical options in positioning and timing. This is gravy, really - I want the minis, but I do love a fun game.

3) Zenit Miniatures has delivered several Kickstarters already, and they're generally on time. I haven't done a ton of research, granted, but this seems like one where at least one of the parties involved is prepared to make sure my money isn't wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer because this is the first tactical miniatures game (at least that) I've seen that is reminiscent of my favorite video game of all time: Final Fantasy Tactics. I say this because some of the character abilities have AOE properties and some can even affect the positioning of the models on the boards. Each character has a bunch of unique abilities with cooldowns with energy being a currency (like mana) to utilize them.

This game has an awesome theme, the hero and monsters are fantastic and the overall production is spectacular. The designers have also been very open minded about the suggestions provided by the backers so far and it's been going rather smoothly because of that.

I'm pretty excited. Can't wait for the gameplay video which is expected to come out, soon. As long as the flow of the gameplay remains fun and the flow of it isn't disrupted by fiddliness, I'm in till the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Lelangue
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi all,
I pledge this game because i think it worth.
I pledge also massive darness, SDL and artcadia inferno.
This game is special with some strategic manipulation other game don't have.
Like a status ( less atk, def, mouvement, etc )
Sight of view mecanism ( to let your tank in front or let a blounded hero to escape )

I hope it will have many backer and we could have many SG unlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheky español
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all guys!

Im backing this because is a fantasy Japan-inspired game designed with Chibi miniatures (Super Dungeon Explore, Ninja All-stars, Arcadia Quest, or Massive Darkness for example). I love Japanese folklore on gameboards, and this game remember me Ragnarok Online style or Final Fantasy Tactics.

KS campaign with good communication and continuous update notes.

Zenit Miniatures has delivered several Kickstarters already too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boost3r .
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm backing the creation of this game for it's Great theme, beautyfull miniatures design, finely managed camping and creators proven track record
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decelle Jonathan
msg tools
I follow this project for several reasons.

1- for the theme of medieval Japan and yokai. Indeed it is a theme that allows to do great thing considering the complexity of the Japanese folklore and especially to imagine very friendly campaigns with the red thread of the ninjas.

2- for figurines that look superb and so the style kawai chibi is in the vein of what is currently being done. But there is an extra flavor in the figures of the monsters because of the chara design retained.
I would like to see an art book of researches and ideas that have resulted in certain choices elsewhere.

3- for the game system which is simple but can be complexed with little more. And I'm sure they'll listen to our ideas for the campaigns and the little tricks that will give this game what it takes to be a Great Game.

4- because the team is friendly and responsive. They made a few mistakes that they can correct by listening to the contributors and that's great! They are listening !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenton White
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great thread!

I'm backing this game for a fun, simple co-op I can play with my two boys (5 and 8). Too often miniatures games are one vs many, which end in my buys fighting about who will be the game master. Other co-op miniature games have very complicated AI mechanics that my boys find petty confusing.

I especially like how scenarios are built into phases. Many times we can't dedicate hours to a game. Being able to complete a phase and then come back later to complete the scenario is welcome in my house.

Really hope this game is supported with plenty of fun scenarios!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thread, I hadn't even heard of this, but I'm in! Looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the fence about this one. There doesn't seem to be a very strong track record for this company when it comes to crowdfunding games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is kind of the catch-22, huh? So many people get angry at established companies using Kickstarter to fund new games, and then you also have all those people who want to see a company prove its ability to deliver - which is hard to do unless you're one of those established companies.

Me, I fall squarely in that second camp. I get nervous about brand-new companies running Kickstarters. I would much rather toss my greenbacks at CMON or Soda Pop Minis than an unknown upstart.

That said, Zenit Miniatures has a few Kickstarters to its name, and the latest one, Kensei Undead, shipped on time. That's exceptionally impressive for a miniatures game. Hell, CMON doesn't do that. Mantic doesn't do that. And those companies should have been doing this long enough to know how long the process takes.

Now, I haven't heard of Unusual Creative, and yes, that does raise an element of doubt, but Zenit Miniatures is the one with the name on the project, and their track record is 3 for 3 as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Alexiou
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've grabbed an early bird on this one for now, but I'm not convinced it can provide any unique experience compared to existing similar games.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the minis. I have a ton of plastic on my shelves already. I just want a fun, unique, innovative game. The theme is a bit different although lately I've seen a lot of Japanese themed new games. It becomes a trend it seems...

I'll wait for some real gameplay video but it will be tough to keep my interest till the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got on board this one late, but I agree with most of the others. I'm backing it based on the whole theme and the cool looking miniatures. Super Dungeon Explore was a cool game, Arcadia Quest has become one of my favorite games, and I love the Yokai theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.