Castellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do I destroy tiles in Introductory Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cheryl Miller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just don't get it. How do I destroy the base for the 2nd exam? Draw a tile, then just grab one from the base and discard it? Do I get to place the tile I drew? Do tiles above the one removed shift down? Do I have to wait until after the 1st exam is completed? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules (page 10) seem reasonably clear?

Once exam 1 is complete you can do exam 2 when you have placed 2 traitor tiles on it (just like exam 1). All you do is remove the entire bottom row and everything shifts down one space, what was row 2 becoming the new foundation. The only requirement to survive is that you still have a single complete foundation of 6 tiles (in which case you passed the ordeal and go onto exam 3. otherwise you lose).

Realistically you don't have to slide the whole thing down, you can just call the new bottom row the bottom

Does that make more sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps your confusion is about the placement of the Traitor tiles?

On page 9, section C) Place a Traitor tile: "Place the Traitor tile to the left of the lowest numbered Ordeal card."

"You must encounter an Ordeal when the number of tiles next to it is equal to the traitor number on the Ordeal card."

Therefore, first you will encounter Exam I, then II, then III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Miller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Oh. I don't know how I missed that. I looked through the rules 3 times. It has been a rough month. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.