Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Liouville
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
First I would like to say that I have pledged God Level and am considering the Titan Bundle or at least some of the cooler expansion packs.

So far I am very happy with the way the campaign has been run and with the way the final product is shaping up.

The beta of the rulebook was really rough but many smart people have looked over it and if their advice is heard i'm sure it will turn out great.

Most of the minis look amazing...

However some of them are really ugly, so what I'm asking is: Is there any chance that some of them will be redone if we get enough backers to vote for it? I realize that this might cause a delay but i'd be happy to wait a little longer if it meant a better looking game in the end.

If there is any chance I would like to put some names forward:

1) Enceladus is horrible! The pose is super boring and the texture looks like a toddler made it with play-doh.

2) Gaia's face is terrible and doesn't match the artwork at all. Some people find the toga weird.

3) Lycaon's snout and neck are too short.

4) Penthesilea leans forward too much

5) some people have said they dont like the smoke on Chronos (I love it)

6) some people have said they dislike Typhon's Cthullhu vibe (I' don't mind)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think anything will happen with regards to 5 and 6, not least because of what you say in parentheses . They've said the photos don't do the pose of 4 justice. They've been very clear that they will do nothing that risks delaying fulfilment, so that makes any changes very unlikely, and the Artemis experience has probably put them off ever making any changes to a sculpt again lol. If any changes are to happen I expect it to be with the following conditions -

It is a digital render

It has not started tooling

And most importantly, they are the ones not happy with aspects of it, not backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only mini that I really find weird is Enceladus. Instead of tragic it looks comic.

The rest I can leave with. I would not mind if they lose the smoke on Chronos, but it is ok if they live it there.

But enceladus is like a sore thumb in the game. I will probably try to sell it yuk

And if it is gonna cause delays, I vote to not change anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atila The Hun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well I don't have an issue with any of the miniatures. And in for $498. Personally I don't want anything done that will delay the game arriving. I had to wait a long time for Conan to land and at that time could only do the kings pledge. This time I have the funds and gone all in.
So I get some people are not happy with one or two sculpts but I think the majority of us backers are more than happy with them all.
Mick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I roughly think that I really like 40% of the minis, 50% are ok, 10% I dislike.

Well it's still very good value - and I very much look forward to the gameplay.
Most sculpts are already made and sent to the manufacturer, so no way it's going to change. It's all pre-chosen.

It's cant't all be perfect ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Might be nice if they later offered some alternative versions of some sculpts, to order online or as a small package in stores if the game does really well.

I'd still like an alternate Poseidon model, I just keep calling this one Neptune because to me he looks much more like Neptune.

But other than that, I am pretty happy with pretty much all sculpts. I never planned on getting the titan package anyways because that would be more for the mini's than the added gameplay value. It adds gameplay yes, but other expansions add more to the gameplay since they come with boards and other units than gods/titans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only in for the core at the moment, and I love pretty much all the sculpts in there. I don't mind that the werewolf has a gorilla-ish appearance. He still looks powerful and dangerous.
I didn't love the titan bundle either, but I don't plan to get it, so it's not a problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Folilo82 wrote:
1) Enceladus is horrible! The pose is super boring and the texture looks like a toddler made it with play-doh.

Enceladus looks bad and its abilities are even worse. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I'd like to see a pro paintjob on Enceladus.

Folilo82 wrote:
2) Gaia's face is terrible and doesn't match the artwork at all. Some people find the toga weird.

I think the face is ok, and would change first the clothes to roots.

Folilo82 wrote:
3) Lycaon's snout and neck are too short.

It looks buffed, and those types tend to shorten the neck. Not a big priority.

Folilo82 wrote:

That's the EU-US compromise.

Folilo82 wrote:
5) some people have said they dont like the smoke on Chronos (I love it)

Maybe on a revision, but also not a priority.

Folilo82 wrote:
6) some people have said they dislike Typhon's Cthullhu vibe (I' don't mind)

And in the end Lovecraft took some greek inspiration indirectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Folilo82 wrote:

she doesn't lean forward.

Enceladus,i like him.He's a walking volcano,nothing else.
And his powers are scary,don't understand why someone said they aren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AR Key
msg tools
That volcano titan could have so much more swag, the concept allows it.

And the problem with Gaia is that mouth... so ugly, maybe it can win when painted. Im ok with the clothes, but its true some nature kind of clothes would be better.

I like the rest of the minis tho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 9600 backers, I don't think you could get an accurate poll. bGG is a pretty vocal but small slice of the pie.

Better to voice your thoughts in the KSer itself and see if the creators will act upon it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to have a wall behind me with the minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folilo82 wrote:

The cartoony look is pretty bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
Folilo82 wrote:

The cartoony look is pretty bad.

Yep, that one could have been better by far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.