Subject: Will you sell it in retail store ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm wondering if "Days of ire : Budapest 1956" will be sell in store ? And if yes, do you know when ? 2016, 2017 ?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some stores are taking pre-orders on the game. They state December 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We certainly want it to be sold in stores. We have secured US distribution, and we're negotiating with a few European shops/retailers/distributors/etc.

I would assume they'll get their copies with or immediately after the KS backers (depending where/when/how many copies they bought), so those preorders will be fulfilled from January onwards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blight
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw quite a few copies in a store in Budapest (Reflex?) just last week!

Turns out the Hungarian version has a third play mode for families, which uses no text (I think that's what I understood).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
custard_t wrote:

Turns out the Hungarian version has a third play mode for families, which uses no text (I think that's what I understood).

The Hungarian edition had some differences to make it more viable for family market, and done separately by a local publisher. That's how it's possible that it's already in shops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
custard_t wrote:

There is a Hungarian edition of the game. It is translated and published by Kard és Korona, and the Hungarian title of the game is Pesti Srácok 1956. Their main distributor is Reflexshop. It was released in Hungary in october 23rd, to to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the event. It was a domestic production (=manufactured in Hungary), so it was possible for them to do that.
The Hungarian edition does have a 3rd, simplified game mode, which does use text (revolutionary card ability text and location names). Although the game 3rd mode is technically playable with the international edition, there is a catch: it uses only 11 specific fighters, and there are 11 events tagged "crisis", which have a special rule to them. These tags are not on the international cards, as the Hungarian edition was being worked on way after the KS campaingn.
Also, the Hungarian edition have slightly modified artwork, and also a bit different card size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turoscsusza wrote:
custard_t wrote:

There is a Hungarian edition of the game. It is translated and published by Kard és Korona, and the Hungarian title of the game is Pesti Srácok 1956. Their main distributor is Reflexshop. It was released in Hungary in october 23rd, to to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the event. It was a domestic production (=manufactured in Hungary), so it was possible for them to do that.
The Hungarian edition does have a 3rd, simplified game mode, which does use text (revolutionary card ability text and location names). Although the game 3rd mode is technically playable with the international edition, there is a catch: it uses only 11 specific fighters, and there are 11 events tagged "crisis", which have a special rule to them. These tags are not on the international cards, as the Hungarian edition was being worked on way after the KS campaingn.
Also, the Hungarian edition have slightly modified artwork, and also a bit different card size.

I saw it being played this weekend on Budapest. It looked like good fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For France ? If you sell it i think with Philibert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
'This War Without an Enemy'
mbmbmbmbmb
Turoscsusza wrote:
and the Hungarian title of the game is Pesti Srácok 1956.
That's seems a bizarre title. Was it called that because of the musical, or is it a quote from something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turoscsusza wrote:
custard_t wrote:

Do you have a link I can share? I belong to some Hungarian-based groups that may be interested in this game and I'd love to spread the word!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:
Turoscsusza wrote:
custard_t wrote:

Do you have a link I can share? I belong to some Hungarian-based groups that may be interested in this game and I'd love to spread the word!

I am half-Hungarian (on my father's side - he was born in Budapest and the family fled in 1944). When I saw this game, I had to back it so we could sell it on our website. My dad is not a gamer, but I think he might be willing to try this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
All for a family edition. Hate overly complex games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.