$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mrs Thatcher's War: The Falklands, 1982» Forums » News

Subject: Sort of a Production Update... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in the final stages of our Napoleonic game for White Dog Games, and expect to have that in print by the end of 2016. After that, work will begin again on the updated/revised version of Mrs Thatcher's War. No tentative completion date, but work will begin soon!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, Ben. Good to hear that this one is still alive. I saw a pic of "N" over at CSW. Superficially it looks a lot like Don't Tread on Me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear. Does the Napoleonic game have a BGG page? I searched for "N" and needless to say that returned a million results. Does it have a subtitle, lol?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagopsych wrote:
Good to hear. Does the Napoleonic game have a BGG page? I searched for "N" and needless to say that returned a million results. Does it have a subtitle, lol?


It's called "N - The Napoleonic Wars." Given my track record with the Falklands War and The First Jihad, I decided not to create a 'coming soon' page for it on BGG and will wait until it is actually submitted to the publisher before creating a page!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
theduke34 wrote:
Thanks for the update, Ben. Good to hear that this one is still alive. I saw a pic of "N" over at CSW. Superficially it looks a lot like Don't Tread on Me.


It is very much 'inspired' by DTOM. Combat is much simpler and (you'll see on the map) more strategic -- retreats are now from one nation to another (e.g. retreating from Germany to France) rather than within the nation.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Allen will be reprising his earlier work on Mrs Thatcher's War, so the new maps will be the same as the old maps (only updated). This is a great coup, since he does such fine map work. In fact, he actually named this game ("Mrs Thatcher's War") after he laughed at my original cheesy title ("Keep Calm and Beat Argentina")!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
It's called "N - The Napoleonic Wars." Given my track record with the Falklands War and The First Jihad, I decided not to create a 'coming soon' page for it on BGG and will wait until it is actually submitted to the publisher before creating a page!


OK, I lied. We're quite close to submitting N: The Napoleonic Wars to White Dog Games so the site is now up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.