Subject: Anyone selling "preorder" Expansions/Campaign Book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry if this is a little direct, but I don't see a better place for it.

I picked up a King Pledge second hand, and am interested in getting the three big box Expansions and the Campaign Book. Anyone Pledge for extra copies with the intent to sell or just dissatisfied with the game? Happy to hear offers here or by PM, willing to pay a fair (ie; retail + a bit) price in exchange for putting down my address for the next wave of shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a campaign book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably dump mine when it comes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sanchez
msg tools
swammeyjoe wrote:

I picked up a King Pledge second hand, and am interested in getting the three big box Expansions and the Campaign Book. Anyone Pledge for extra copies with the intent to sell or just dissatisfied with the game? Happy to hear offers here or by PM, willing to pay a fair (ie; retail + a bit) price in exchange for putting down my address for the next wave of shipping.

I have the campaign book (and not selling) but hopefully monolith places the actually scenarios as PDF downloads on the app/website. The printed art book is the exclusive but that doesn't necessarily mean the scenarios should be restricted to the book or if/when someone scans it and posts it online. So if you can't find it now you can always wait to find out if monolith puts it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler BIshop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungo wrote:
hopefully monolith places the actually scenarios as PDF downloads on the app/website. The printed art book is the exclusive but that doesn't necessarily mean the scenarios should be restricted to the book or if/when someone scans it and posts it online. So if you can't find it now you can always wait to find out if monolith puts it online.

As someone who didn't quite realize the disparity in number of scenarios in the base game vs. the book, I very, very much hope this is the case. I'd be happy to pay for a PDF since the book seems unavailable even on the secondary market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
Same boat here. I hope the exclusive aspect of the book was its distribution model as this printed book in this edition.

A lot of players would happily pay to get this content. But Monolith wants to stick to what they say they would do, even if it wasn't wise.
As Monolith declared they would ship a new version of the rules for who want them when they are done, why not letting players pay to get a softcover version of the campaign to compensate the cost of shipping + printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brewdinar wrote:
I'd be happy to pay for a PDF since the book seems unavailable even on the secondary market.

That's because the book hasn't even been released to backers yet. It's coming in wave 2 next Spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will end up being the single most valuable thing outside of the main box to play the game.

That said, it will probably use several items form the stretch goals, so there is that.

If you are buying the game at retail, better hope for a strong community or a strong support from Monolith on scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
This will end up being the single most valuable thing outside of the main box to play the game.

Yup some forethinking individuals with the extra money in the PM will be cashing in on that I imagine.

zinho73 wrote:
That said, it will probably use several items form the stretch goals, so there is that.

IIRC it only uses the King Pledge stuff but I really hope they do add the Stretch Goal content as well, I mean, it would make good sense since the Book is exclusive and the SGs come with the King Pledge, both of which are ONLY available during the Kickstarter. To have the scenarios NOT include the SGs is just ... bad design.

zinho73 wrote:
If you are buying the game at retail, better hope for a strong community or a strong support from Monolith on scenarios.

There will be. There has been even on BBG already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gungo wrote:
swammeyjoe wrote:

I have the campaign book (and not selling) but hopefully monolith places the actually scenarios as PDF downloads on the app/website. The printed art book is the exclusive but that doesn't necessarily mean the scenarios should be restricted to the book or if/when someone scans it and posts it online. So if you can't find it now you can always wait to find out if monolith puts it online.

Any chance this is possible? I'd like to pick up a campaign book as well but a pdf would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's safe to say there's 0% chance of a pdf. It was exclusive to the king pledge which means backers only and maybe conventions or such. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if illegal img scans make it online eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Was it part of the King Pledge ?

I thought it was a separate add on ?

I have the King Pledge - now kicking myself for not getting the expansion add ons ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not included but it's only useful to the King Pledge, meaning the scenarios use the King Pledge components. I feel it should have been included in the pledge personally but I guess it makes sense to sell it separate due to the cost that would have been needed to added to the pledge to cover it.

It's one of those exclusive add-ons that people are going to be wishing they had added it when they could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:

It's one of those exclusive add-ons that people are going to be wishing they had added it when they could.

I sure hope that the one regretting does not end up being Monolith. I for one, gave up the game due to the lack of scenarios...But I am probably the minority right now and I hope it stays this way, I wish the success to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are making a mountain out of a anthill over the book. There will be tons of scenarios available once they get the website up and running.
Its also an art book, and I'm a big Conan fan so that's another reason I got it, not just the scenarios.
I can make my own scenarios, I'm creative at that kind of thing, I even make house rules and have, on occaision, completely revamped a game to be better imho. I can understand some people might not be so good at coming up with scenarios themselves but I'm sure the website will have more than they will be able to play through.
If you missed out on the campaign book, it's not a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the inconsistently printed tiles is a bigger issue. The rulebook, at worst, will see a PDF update, even if they don't deliver on the printed rulebook promise. The tiles...well, you're stuck with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I think the inconsistently printed tiles is a bigger issue. The rulebook, at worst, will see a PDF update, even if they don't deliver on the printed rulebook promise. The tiles...well, you're stuck with them.

You can't remember that if it's on a tile it's always an automatic armor rating and not a guard roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
You're missing the point.

No, I just don't think it's as big of a deal as wrong or misleading translations in the scenario guides and the skill sheets. BTW, I recognize your avatar (Black Adder is memorable). Weren't you the one that was so incensed by the flawed rule book that you immediately put your whole KS package up for sale without even trying to play the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bingo. Don't regret it for a minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
I wanted a board game and I got a toy box.
I wanted to live an adventure and I got a source book.
I wanted a video game and I got Unity 3d.
I wanted a Monolith experience and I'm waiting for some fan dedication.
I waited for two years and now I'm the one too late.

The content that doesn't exist yet cannot be experienced anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Bingo. Don't regret it for a minute.

so you are doing basically the same thing you are criticizing Monolith for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as Monolith? Hmmm...I don't remember hiring a shoddy translator after making $3.3 million in revenue...seriously, though, no, I simply wanted to recoup my money from a product that was going to cause me more annoyance than I was comfortable dealing with in a game. If someone else wishes or doesn't mind the issues, that is their choice. If Monolith had advertised the game as coming with a mistranslated rulebook and misprinted tiles, then I wouldn't have backed it from the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.