GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,275 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
73 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Want to see Shut Up & Sit Down do an impressions article on KD:M? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shut Up & Sit Down games news 28/11/2016

From the comments of that article: "If anyone wants to lend us a copy, please write to contact@shutupandsitdown.com. Maybe we can squeak an impressions piece in before the Kickstarter ends!"

They are based in London and Vancouver, so if anyone near those locations is a SUSD fan, owns KD:M and wants to see them do more coverage on KD:M*, this is the opportunity.

*Subset of subset of subset, I know, but I'll take the chance.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Curtz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I did follow up by email and offer to lend my extra copy, but I'm 4hrs and a border crossing away from Paul, so hopefully they can find somebody more convenient.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Stinchcombe
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I live in Vancouver, shot them an e-mail. If they want it, I got it to lend out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe point them at this thread?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678614/kingdom-death-londo...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
This needs to happen. If someone wants to buy them a plane ticket to oklahoma, they can use my copy and I'll teach them the game to fast track it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Unkynd wrote:
This needs to happen. If someone wants to buy them a plane ticket to oklahoma, they can use my copy and I'll teach them the game to fast track it.


Hah, buy them tickets to Poland (50$/person, 2h flight) and I can do the same
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ramsar wrote:
Shut Up & Sit Down games news 28/11/2016

From the comments of that article: "If anyone wants to lend us a copy, please write to contact@shutupandsitdown.com. Maybe we can squeak an impressions piece in before the Kickstarter ends!"

They are based in London and Vancouver, so if anyone near those locations is a SUSD fan, owns KD:M and wants to see them do more coverage on KD:M*, this is the opportunity.

*Subset of subset of subset, I know, but I'll take the chance.


Someone should let them both know that whilst there arent any real swinging dicks depicted in the base game (aside from lions penis), the expansions will certainly quench their thirst for nudity. Namely the Gorm, Sunstalker and Lion God. So they shouldnt fear. KDM is still sticking to its roots.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
It blows my mind that anyone cares.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
Ramsar wrote:
Shut Up & Sit Down games news 28/11/2016

From the comments of that article: "If anyone wants to lend us a copy, please write to contact@shutupandsitdown.com. Maybe we can squeak an impressions piece in before the Kickstarter ends!"

They are based in London and Vancouver, so if anyone near those locations is a SUSD fan, owns KD:M and wants to see them do more coverage on KD:M*, this is the opportunity.

*Subset of subset of subset, I know, but I'll take the chance.


Someone should let them both know that whilst there arent any real swinging dicks depicted in the base game (aside from lions penis), the expansions will certainly quench their thirst for nudity. Namely the Gorm, Sunstalker and Lion God. So they shouldnt fear. KDM is still sticking to its roots.


Yeah but the newer monsters are kind of tame. Same with the survivor minis. I like that shock value that came with the Wet Nurse, Forge God, etc. I hope Poots cranks out some of their likeness.

Honeycomb Weaver for instance is on the border of being "wtf" tier like Wet Nurse and Forge God. Not quite there yet though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
gorkel wrote:
Ramsar wrote:
Shut Up & Sit Down games news 28/11/2016

From the comments of that article: "If anyone wants to lend us a copy, please write to contact@shutupandsitdown.com. Maybe we can squeak an impressions piece in before the Kickstarter ends!"

They are based in London and Vancouver, so if anyone near those locations is a SUSD fan, owns KD:M and wants to see them do more coverage on KD:M*, this is the opportunity.

*Subset of subset of subset, I know, but I'll take the chance.


Someone should let them both know that whilst there arent any real swinging dicks depicted in the base game (aside from lions penis), the expansions will certainly quench their thirst for nudity. Namely the Gorm, Sunstalker and Lion God. So they shouldnt fear. KDM is still sticking to its roots.


Yeah but the newer monsters are kind of tame. Same with the survivor minis. I like that shock value that came with the Wet Nurse, Forge God, etc. I hope Poots cranks out some of their likeness.

Honeycomb Weaver for instance is on the border of being "wtf" tier like Wet Nurse and Forge God. Not quite there yet though.

Hmm. See, I look at Wet Nurse and just see a ridiculous quantity of boobs. Forge God is definitely "wtf" but closer to "lol wtf" for me.

Whereas Honeycomb Weaver is one of the more personally disturbing KDM creatures I've seen. I can't fully explain it, but there it is. She's freaky. There should be a poll on this somewhere.

For reference:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:

Honeycomb Weaver for instance is on the border of being "wtf" tier like Wet Nurse and Forge God. Not quite there yet though.


I think it's the nipple eye-balls. Or is it eye-ball nipples? I'm never sure...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
It blows my mind that anyone cares.


No kidding.

Seems that the majority of this site has no capability to analyze information and make a decision on their own.


If you can't decide to buy this game without random video dudes input, you likely won't enjoy it in play. It features decisions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
It blows my mind that anyone cares.


No kidding.

Seems that the majority of this site has no capability to analyze information and make a decision on their own.


If you can't decide to buy this game without random video dudes input, you likely won't enjoy it in play. It features decisions.



Judgmental much? That's not what it's about. AT ALL.

SUSD are funny and entertaining to watch. I don't watch them because I need help making decisions. In fact, I disagree with them often. I watch them because I find them entertaining. It's not that deep.
16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
There have been multiple posts on the "need" for "reviewers" to do KD:M.
If it's just for comedy then why the need to do it prior to the KS closing?
Why are others calling for Dice Tower reviews (not exactly comedy central)?

This KS absolutely slaughtered it WITHOUT this bullshit elite review culture that seems to be gatekeeping the fucking hobby these days. Fact is these "reviewers" aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. Let KD:M's success be its own, without band wagoners jumping on & then claiming some of that.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
It blows my mind that anyone cares.


No kidding.

Seems that the majority of this site has no capability to analyze information and make a decision on their own.


If you can't decide to buy this game without random video dudes input, you likely won't enjoy it in play. It features decisions.



Judgmental much? That's not what it's about. AT ALL.

SUSD are funny and entertaining to watch. I don't watch them because I need help making decisions. In fact, I disagree with them often. I watch them because I find them entertaining. It's not that deep.



If that's the case, then they can review whatever other game and your discriminating palette should be happy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Avatar
Mr Skeletor wrote:
There have been multiple posts on the "need" for "reviewers" to do KD:M.
If it's just for comedy then why the need to do it prior to the KS closing?
Why are others calling for Dice Tower reviews (not exactly comedy central)?

This KS absolutely slaughtered it WITHOUT this bullshit elite review culture that seems to be gatekeeping the fucking hobby these days. Fact is these "reviewers" aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. Let KD:M's success be its own, without band wagoners jumping on & then claiming some of that.


That sounds alarmingly like "Stay outta my hobby!! cry"

KD was a success on its own and it deserved it. Now it can get more spotlight on it. Adam gets more money, project gets more traction, it's all good stuff.

If you got something against people who watch Dice Tower or whatever, cool. But if you want to keep cash out of the project because of that, Hell no.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
There have been multiple posts on the "need" for "reviewers" to do KD:M.
If it's just for comedy then why the need to do it prior to the KS closing?
Why are others calling for Dice Tower reviews (not exactly comedy central)?

This KS absolutely slaughtered it WITHOUT this bullshit elite review culture that seems to be gatekeeping the fucking hobby these days. Fact is these "reviewers" aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. Let KD:M's success be its own, without band wagoners jumping on & then claiming some of that.


That sounds alarmingly like "Stay outta my hobby!! cry"

KD was a success on its own and it deserved it. Now it can get more spotlight on it. Adam gets more money, project gets more traction, it's all good stuff.

If you got something against people who watch Dice Tower or whatever, cool. But if you want to keep cash out of the project because of that, Hell no.


There are plenty of text reviews and several videos by well known reviewers.

Not sure why another video is necessary to make a decision on this game.

Sounds alarmingly like "Tell me what is cool and I will buy it, because I can't make up my own mind without others validating me."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that they outright said they won't be reviewing this game and their extremely uneducated write up on it makes me question why they are all of a sudden interested in reviewing it. Does it have anything to do with it being on track to be the biggest KS game ever and possibly even the biggest kickstarter ever? Are they jumping on the bandwagon strictly for publicity sake? I mean obviously the answers are yes since it's their job as a reviewer to attract business, but I for one am irritated to say the least. Hopefully they at least make it worthwhile to the person that inevitably loans them a game.
9 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
It blows my mind that anyone cares.


No kidding.

Seems that the majority of this site has no capability to analyze information and make a decision on their own.


If you can't decide to buy this game without random video dudes input, you likely won't enjoy it in play. It features decisions.


I like to make my decisions using as much information as possible to analyze. If this includes random video from dudes who entertain me then all the better.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
madaxer wrote:
The fact that they outright said they won't be reviewing this game and their extremely uneducated write up on it makes me question why they are all of a sudden interested in reviewing it. Does it have anything to do with it being on track to be the biggest KS game ever and possibly even the biggest kickstarter ever? Are they jumping on the bandwagon strictly for publicity sake? I mean obviously the answers are yes since it's their job as a reviewer to attract business, but I for one am irritated to say the least. Hopefully they at least make it worthwhile to the person that inevitably loans them a game.


I suspect the fact that the biggest KS boardgame to date (on track to be by a huge amount) and it's done so without any "Reviewers" backing it (Drive through being the exception) may hurt their business model.
Common thought to date is that KS's need to suck up to "Reviewers" if they want their KS to succeed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Avatar
DegenerateElite wrote:
Ultros64 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
There have been multiple posts on the "need" for "reviewers" to do KD:M.
If it's just for comedy then why the need to do it prior to the KS closing?
Why are others calling for Dice Tower reviews (not exactly comedy central)?

This KS absolutely slaughtered it WITHOUT this bullshit elite review culture that seems to be gatekeeping the fucking hobby these days. Fact is these "reviewers" aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. Let KD:M's success be its own, without band wagoners jumping on & then claiming some of that.


That sounds alarmingly like "Stay outta my hobby!! cry"

KD was a success on its own and it deserved it. Now it can get more spotlight on it. Adam gets more money, project gets more traction, it's all good stuff.

If you got something against people who watch Dice Tower or whatever, cool. But if you want to keep cash out of the project because of that, Hell no.


There are plenty of text reviews and several videos by well known reviewers.

Not sure why another video is necessary to make a decision on this game.

Sounds alarmingly like "Tell me what is cool and I will buy it, because I can't make up my own mind without others validating me."


"More exposure to a project is bad."

If you got some salt in your veins, that's youe business. Maybe Tom Vassel killed your dog, I don't know. But there is no objective defense against reviewers going on to look at KD. If KD was a bad game, it'd be terrible. But it's not, and we all know that.


All you're saying is that you don't like online reviewers, and that you don't like the people who watch them. You get to make a choice not to play KD with them then.

But this ain't about you or your bias. This is about KD being an even bigger success and Adam turning into fucking Scrooge McDuck. Your salt has no say in that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I enjoy SU&SD, I think they're incredibly funny and their insights are great, but they would drag out nearly half the episode just talking about sexism in the game. On a recent episode covering Conan the Barbarian, they went into the inherent sexism and racism found in the Conan franchise, despite really liking the game. It was a good review, but it feels like PC moralizing tends to crop up in their reviews often.

I don't think it would be a productive episode and would basically be them being like "What the fuck?!?!" for a good portion of the episode, and then some hand-wringing over sexual content. Also, they review games to suggest to people knowing that people may spend money on them. I can never recommend Kingdom Death to anybody to buy just because of the price point. I've bought it for myself, I'll play it with friends and I'm in the new KS, but I could never tell somebody else that they should buy this game, I wouldn't want that on my conscious.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:
Ultros64 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
There have been multiple posts on the "need" for "reviewers" to do KD:M.
If it's just for comedy then why the need to do it prior to the KS closing?
Why are others calling for Dice Tower reviews (not exactly comedy central)?

This KS absolutely slaughtered it WITHOUT this bullshit elite review culture that seems to be gatekeeping the fucking hobby these days. Fact is these "reviewers" aren't nearly as important as they are made out to be. Let KD:M's success be its own, without band wagoners jumping on & then claiming some of that.


That sounds alarmingly like "Stay outta my hobby!! cry"

KD was a success on its own and it deserved it. Now it can get more spotlight on it. Adam gets more money, project gets more traction, it's all good stuff.

If you got something against people who watch Dice Tower or whatever, cool. But if you want to keep cash out of the project because of that, Hell no.


There are plenty of text reviews and several videos by well known reviewers.

Not sure why another video is necessary to make a decision on this game.

Sounds alarmingly like "Tell me what is cool and I will buy it, because I can't make up my own mind without others validating me."


"More exposure to a project is bad."

If you got some salt in your veins, that's youe business. Maybe Tom Vassel killed your dog, I don't know. But there is no objective defense against reviewers going on to look at KD. If KD was a bad game, it'd be terrible. But it's not, and we all know that.


All you're saying is that you don't like online reviewers, and that you don't like the people who watch them. You get to make a choice not to play KD with them then.

But this ain't about you or your bias. This is about KD being an even bigger success and Adam turning into fucking Scrooge McDuck. Your salt has no say in that.


On the contrary, more exposure to a project can be bad for the project it self. Take Arcadia Quest for example, go to the Inferno forums and count the self righteous posts of people demanding less cleavage so their 7 year old daughter can play with them. Is that what you want, 1,000 Euro gamers flooding this campaign trying to make this game appropriate to suit them so they can play with their family?

Funny you mention the Dice Tower. First off, they pretty much single handily killed B-Seiged (great game by the way) with their review of the game. For the same reason their review would not be positive about this game, they can't control the outcome of every single action "OMG RANDOM FUCK THIS GAME". That of course is looking past the fact that they are super uptight religious that wouldn't touch this game in a million years as it stands cause it might send them on the path to the devil.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:

"More exposure to a project is bad."

If you got some salt in your veins, that's youe business. Maybe Tom Vassel killed your dog, I don't know. But there is no objective defense against reviewers going on to look at KD. If KD was a bad game, it'd be terrible. But it's not, and we all know that.


All you're saying is that you don't like online reviewers, and that you don't like the people who watch them. You get to make a choice not to play KD with them then.

But this ain't about you or your bias. This is about KD being an even bigger success and Adam turning into fucking Scrooge McDuck. Your salt has no say in that.


I don't care what reviewers do. The point of view of people who spend a weekend on a game and move on to crank out the next video is...useless.

But lots of people seem to think this game, or any other, requires their input and validation in order to succeed.

That clearly is not the case. KDM will succeed and has succeeded far beyond what anyone expected at this point.

The opinion of some random dudes who shill for every other kickstarter won't have any effect at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Ultros64 wrote:

"More exposure to a project is bad."

If you got some salt in your veins, that's youe business. Maybe Tom Vassel killed your dog, I don't know. But there is no objective defense against reviewers going on to look at KD. If KD was a bad game, it'd be terrible. But it's not, and we all know that.


All you're saying is that you don't like online reviewers, and that you don't like the people who watch them. You get to make a choice not to play KD with them then.

But this ain't about you or your bias. This is about KD being an even bigger success and Adam turning into fucking Scrooge McDuck. Your salt has no say in that.


I don't care what reviewers do. The point of view of people who spend a weekend on a game and move on to crank out the next video is...useless.

But lots of people seem to think this game, or any other, requires their input and validation in order to succeed.

That clearly is not the case. KDM will succeed and has succeeded far beyond what anyone expected at this point.

The opinion of some random dudes who shill for every other kickstarter won't have any effect at all.


Do you even know who SUSD are? They actively make a point of avoiding kickstarters most of the time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.