Subject: Diplomatic Immunity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
The text on this card confuses me because I thought that any shield die you used; you could put the shield wherever you wanted. Is this no the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, all shields on a die must be given to the same character, that's where this card differs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Palacio
United States
suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are resolving a dice with, per say, 2 shield face (not counting Diplomatic immunity) you have to put the 2 shields on the same character.

If you are resolving two dice faces, per say, one with "1 shield" and the other one with "2 shields" you can resolve both dice at the same time, but each face will effect the character that you picked, on other words, in this example one character will get either all 3 shields or you would put 2 on one character and the other one on a different character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gotten55 wrote:
If you are resolving a dice with, per say, 2 shield face (not cwounting Diplomatic immunity) you have to put the 2 shields on the same character.

If you are resolving two dice faces, per say, one with "1 shield" and the other one with "2 shields" you can resolve both dice at the same time, but each face will effect the character that you picked, on other words, in this example one character will get either all 3 shields or you would put 2 on one character and the other one on a different character.

Not completely true, each die must be fully resolved against one character. This applies to attacks and shields the same.

In your scenario with a 1 shield and a 2 shield die being resolved at the same time you can split the die so one is applied to 1 character and the two is applied to another but you wouldn't be able to split the shields between 3 characters. Diplomatic immunity lets you split the shields from one die between as many or as few characters as you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Palacio
United States
suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure if i didn't explain myself well, but that was my point too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.