10 Posts

Great Western Trail» Forums » General

Subject: Language of text on cards - Pegasus Spiele edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fed Rov
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there, I'm considering buying the Pegasus Spiele edition of this game, but I'm trying to confirm that the text on the cattle cards is NOT German. I wrote to Pegasus to confirm that the text on the cards is English but it's taking for them AGES to reply...snore

The box says german/english but I d like to make sure the cards are in english before I buy it.

Can anybody who owns the Pegasus edition please tell help me or maybe post a picture of the cards?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are in English. I have the ENG/GER Pegasus Spiele game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I can vouch for Soren. All card text is in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
Yep, I can vouch for Soren. All card text is in English.
OP beware, don't fall for this false information! You better not buy the game as the yellow cattle card has Holstein printed on it, which clearly is a German word.

There may be those who'll argue that the cattle species (which are the only text on the game material) is just flavor and the color would suffice, but it seems that the game would be rendered totally unplayable if the cattle species were not named in English! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Evers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
albynomonk wrote:

Soren, do you find that the Pegasus Spiele version is better quality than is being described in the Stronghold version? Hoping to find it is better and would spend a little more on Spiele. Did it come with any extras or different items?
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Rov
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Robert, ehehe, I know it's flavour text, but if I have the choice, I'd rather have it in a language I can read
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Rov
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Soren for confirming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aleve01 wrote:
albynomonk wrote:

Soren, do you find that the Pegasus Spiele version is better quality than is being described in the Stronghold version? Hoping to find it is better and would spend a little more on Spiele. Did it come with any extras or different items?
Thanks!!

Just to clarify, so I don't look like a jerk, aleve01 also sent me a PM with this question and I answered him there.

For others who are interested, I believe the components are identical in both versions. It was stated somewhere that they were all done in the same print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Yeah - my cards read "Der Texas Longhorn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
fedrov wrote:
... I'd rather have it in a language I can read

If you can read English, you can read German too (as both languages use the same alphabet).
Understanding what you read is another matter ... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.