Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to have bags made on CowCow for the worker, hazard, and teepee tiles. I'd like them to have the "1", "2", and "3" images from the back of the tiles on the bags, but I can't find any good samples of these images. Can someone help me out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Thank you to those who helped out. The bags are done. Here are the links that you need to order them for yourself.

ArtsCow Medium Bags
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-medium/-vu5h...
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-medium/-gly9...
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-medium/-z3mc...

ArtsCow Small Bags
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-small/-dx5pp...
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-small/-namz2...
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/drawstring-pouch-small/-ov7wh...

For CowCow, you used to be able to just replace "artscow" with "cowcow" in the URL, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So, here are links that work on CowCow.

CowCow Medium Bags
http://www.cowcow.com/Create/AjaxDesign.aspx?DesignId=177290...

CowCow Small Bags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Image Request
Any chance you'd make a couple extra for other interested parties?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
I'm planning to have bags made on CowCow for the worker, hazard, and teepee tiles. I'd like them to have the "1", "2", and "3" images from the back of the tiles on the bags, but I can't find any good samples of these images. Can someone help me out?

Can you take the images from the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Any chance you'd make a couple extra for other interested parties?

I'll certainly add the project to the big list of ArtsCow/CowCow projects when it's ready.

veector wrote:
lwdgames wrote:

Can you take the images from the rules?

I only have the downloadable rules (physical game is still on its way), and those images are way too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can scan from components or the rules, but again, the images will be tiny. The tiles themselves are only an inch tall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
I can scan from components or the rules, but again, the images will be tiny. The tiles themselves are only an inch tall.

Well, I might be able to work with them anyway, even if it means I redraw over them to get a scalable vector image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
veector wrote:

Well, I might be able to work with them anyway, even if it means I redraw over them to get a scalable vector image.

Send me a PM and I'll shoot 'em over when I get home tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the scans. I did my best to trace over them to get this:

I couldn't identify the font that was used for the numbers, so I traced them as well. shake

Now I can use these to create the rest of the image for the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of that font, you could always use an old-timey western font. I wouldn't be too worried about making the font match if its a bag to hold the tokens.

Otherwise, that image looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First attempt at a bag design. I was going to use the box cover as the background, but it didn't really fit well within the dimensions. So I used Andreas Resch's cool 3D view of the board for the background, and carefully extracted the title from the box cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- why the bags? (are tiles drawn randomly at some point?)
- once you're "ready", will you post these somewhere where they could be ordered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:

Tiles are drawn randomly throughout the game, so the bags are an alternative to "shuffling" piles of tiles.

John_VW wrote:
- once you're "ready", will you post these somewhere where they could be ordered?

Yes, I'll link to the project and add it to this GeekList.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
John_VW wrote:

Tiles are drawn randomly throughout the game, so the bags are an alternative to "shuffling" piles of tiles.

John_VW wrote:

Yes, I'll link to the project and add it to this GeekList.
post here (please) when they're ready to order...thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

This was my attempt. It uses the awesome illustration found in the rulebook. My plan was for this to be the front and the opposite side would just have the numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
John_VW wrote:

And it offers a quicker and less fiddly setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would suggest putting the numbers on both sides (or just this side if cheaper)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i would suggest putting the numbers on both sides (or just this side if cheaper)...

Actually, you are definitely right. The whole point, for me, is to make for easier and faster setup and gameplay. With that in mind I might get bags with just the numbers (plus the slight embellishment) on both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33cb wrote:
This was my attempt. It uses the awesome illustration found in the rulebook. My plan was for this to be the front and the opposite side would just have the numbers.

You scanned that from the rulebook? Is the print version different from the downloadable rules? I didn't see it looking like that online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
You scanned that from the rulebook? Is the print version different from the downloadable rules? I didn't see it looking like that online.

I didn't notice that image in my rule book but it is on the back of the player mats. Great image and an excellent choice for a bag design. Nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
33cb wrote:

It's on the very first page on the top right. I see it in the physical rule book and the one in the files section here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33cb wrote:
lwdgames wrote:
33cb wrote:

It's on the very first page on the top right. I see it in the physical rule book and the one in the files section here.

Ok, so you added the rest of the background then. I hadn't found a hi-res version of that image, otherwise I would have used it.

Will you send me a version without the title already on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
33cb wrote:
lwdgames wrote:
33cb wrote:

Ok, so you added the rest of the background then. I hadn't found a hi-res version of that image, otherwise I would have used it.

Will you send me a version without the title already on it?

I'll PM a scan of the rear of the player mat. I can't promise the highest quality as my scanner is merely passable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the scan. I moved the title up and the tile down to allow the illustration to get the best visibility.

I'm sure that the title now falls partly outside of the safe zone, but I think it's worth it for the sake of the illustration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
Thanks for the scan. I moved the title up and the tile down to allow the illustration to get the best visibility.

I'm sure that the title now falls partly outside of the safe zone, but I think it's worth it for the sake of the illustration.

Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hopefully the bags (i plan on ordering) will be big enough for a man to get his hand in to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.