GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,957 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Islebound» Forums » Rules

Subject: Injuring Crew to resolve Events with Red Banners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bell Frys

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that to attack a town, the rules state one must use at least 1 Pirate or Sea Serpent, and then crew may be injured to add attack points.

But the Events section of the rules does not state this, and so, for an Event that has a Red Banner value of 1 (for example), can a player just injure a crew to resolve that Event (and gain the Influence cube reward) without using a Pirate or Sea Serpent and without rolling any dice?

Or did I miss something in the rules that answers this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bellfrys wrote:
We know that to attack a town, the rules state one must use at least 1 Pirate or Sea Serpent, and then crew may be injured to add attack points.

But the Events section of the rules does not state this, and so, for an Event that has a Red Banner value of 1 (for example), can a player just injure a crew to resolve that Event (and gain the Influence cube reward) without using a Pirate or Sea Serpent and without rolling any dice?

Or did I miss something in the rules that answers this?

We'll have to search the forums to find it, but I believe Ryan Lauket had answered that question before in that you "attack" the event in the same way that you attack a town, and thus, you must have at least one pirate or serpent to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bell Frys

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I thought I had seen Ryan's response before somewhere, but could not find it and wasn't sure for the game we played last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question that came up in a game last night:

Player rolled to "attack" an event card and failed. What happens to the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Harbinjer wrote:
A related question that came up in a game last night:

Player rolled to "attack" an event card and failed. What happens to the card?

Discard it and you get no rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.