Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Any guess as to what the retail value will be for the Typhon pledge will be?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I believe in one of the lives, Leo said it would be over $1,000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Retail value of Typhon pledges
Impossible to say. We don't what or how Asmodee will package for the retail offerings. It's likely the three big boxes will remain as-is, but expansions such as the Conan crossover and the Titan box each have the KS-exclusive art on the cover, and likely an internal trays slot for the KSE mini. Who knows what will happen with those.

Smaller expansions may not hit retail at all if Asmosdee don't see a worthwhile ROI.

And regardless of the supposed value, stuff is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Get a God pledge and be happy .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why, you want to re-sell it? :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I can tell you for sure that the content of the Typhon pledge is worth way more than 1000 USD in retail. Will ask for a more accurate estimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Not interested in selling it, but just wanted to make sure it was going to be a good deal pledging the KS as opposed to waiting for retail.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two different, important questions that you need to ask:
1 - What is the value of the core set with all of the Kickstarter bonuses?
2 - What is the value of the expansions added on by the Typhon pledge?

1 - We can make a guess as to how much bonus minis would cost by looking at the big box expansions. They have about 10-11 figures for $60, plus map and scenario. So we can make a total guess that 1 figure might cost about $5 retail. Doesn't seem super off the mark, maybe a bit low, since Oedipus and the Sphinx and scenarios costs $15.

With 66 current bonus minis in the kickstarter, that's already at least $330 worth of stuff, not counting the bonus cards and such. And of course this undervalues the Kickstarter exclusives, which will likely be much more expensive to get a hold of.

So your $99 pledge gets you at least $450-500 worth of stuff. Pretty awesome!

2 - The total printed retail value of all the extras in a Typhon pledge is about $530 (my math might be a bit off). The pledge upgrade costs about $400, so as they say on the upgrade you are saving at least $100. Again, this doesn't take into account the single exclusives in each expansion, or the kickstarter-only items. We also don't know if some of this stuff will ever be available in retail!

I'd assume you are saving $150 at least, if not $200-250, getting the Typhon pledge.

The takeaway with all of this is that the God pledge is an unbelievable value, getting you at least 4 times your investment, whereas the Typhon bonus is maybe a $150 savings on a $550 valued package, a much smaller savings.

I'm not a completionist, so I'm in for a God pledge with a few extras, since that's the best value. But get whatever you like!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent points Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameMasterX0 wrote:
The takeaway with all of this is that the God pledge is an unbelievable value, getting you at least 4 times your investment, whereas the Typhon bonus is maybe a $150 savings on a $550 valued package, a much smaller savings.

And that is even before factoring in shipping costs. The more the shipping, the more the value ratio difference increases.

For me, the best way is to assign the Typhon bundle 100% value. From there, work backwards in proportion of cost vs value.

Typhon: Cost 100, Value 100.
Titan: Cost 80, Value 80.
God: Cost 20, Value 50.

If you have zero shipping, then Titan is the same ratio as Typhon, and maybe better when the unrevealed content is known. But definitely God pledge is the best value per dollar, since the SG's by themselves are equivalent to many expansions.

For me, my value table looks something ridiculous like:
Typhon: Cost 1000, Value 100.
Titan: Cost 900, Value 80.
God: Cost 200, Value 50.

Yes, I doubt I'll be getting any big bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ebay pirates no doubt watching pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The big question, actually, is: what is the value to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, Car payment replacement, just paid off the car 2 weeks ago. - wife said go for it if I want it for Xmas.(what year is the question) - Just seems like a lot of $$$. But the OCD in me says go all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Ha, Car payment replacement, just paid off the car 2 weeks ago. - wife said go for it if I want it for Xmas.(what year is the question) - Just seems like a lot of $$$. But the OCD in me says go all in.
Completely unnecessary. And I will probably gonna cave in too . I just love the original game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
The big question, actually, is: what is the value to you?

The reference is Typhon = 100% Value (The most value you can get in this KS at the highest cost, that is also 100%).

Now, the cost for a person in the US or EU will be lower in the end after you factor shipping costs (around 30*2) for the Typhon bundle.

It just happens mine is a lot higher (double) because I need to factor in $100-200 shipping and 50% customs for $500+200 so around $1000.

And I'm not even counting the difference in wages. My country has around 1/5 minimum wage. If I factored in effort (say hours worked), my cost for the Typhon would be around 700 minimum wage hours, a lot more than a person in the US: assuming 7.5usd wage there, that would be a mere 75 minimum wage work hours (a person working there at a McDonalds has around 9 times more acquisitive power (in KS terms) than me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and you live where? your profile doesn't say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.