3 Posts

Zombies vs Cheerleaders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of isobutane rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game on Black Friday and had fun with it on Saturday.
All but one of the questions I had were answered in previous postings, thank you.
My question is about the Teacher and flaming hair spray.
According to the rules a 2 strength Teacher isn’t killed upon the first hit (unless it’s targeted by a skull attack) but its strength is reduced to 1 point.
Pam’s hairspray is a 3 strength attack, not a skull attack.
Let’s say that the Teacher is next to the barricade thus first in line.
Pam lets loose with ignited Breck at that Teacher, 3 strength point attack.
The Teacher with stamina of 0 is hit and reduced to a 1 strength point Zombie.
The 3 strength point attack is reduced by 0 stamina and continues as 3 strength points behind the Teacher.
As I see the rules the Teacher could take a rotting face full of scorching Bed Head and a bunch of 0 and/or 1 stamina Zombies could be killed behind it…including another Teacher.
OR
According to the player aid card the same attack would have different results.
The same Teacher is hit with 3 strength points, it stays in the game but reduced to 1 strength point.
And the attack ends there because the player aid card says the attack continues along the line after a Zombie is destroyed.
That Teacher is not destroyed by that first 3 strength point attack therefore the attack is concluded.
Destroying the first, or preceding, Zombie isn’t required in the rules to continue the attack along the line. Only the subtraction of stamina is required.

According to the player aid card only the Teacher takes the attack but keeps on coming with its hair, if any, on fire.
According to the rules a column of six 2 strength Teachers can be reduced to 1 strength point staggering Roman Torches, then the Bass Drum Player could be killed, before a Boss or 2 long ranged Baseball Players are killed, if the column was so stacked.

I dunno about you, the image of the second option seems to conform to the game.
And Pam’s launch would be more effective.
It’s only a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Hidalgo
msg tools

This is because there is an inaccuracy in the aid. Pam’s hairspray continues to do damage whether the zombie is destroyed or not (we can imagine the same situation with the prom queen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.