Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I (player A) end my move on a place with two other merchants of player B and C.

Is the following allowed: I pay player B 2 Lira, but I do NOT pay player C 2 Lira. Because I did not pay all merchants, I end my turn immediately.

Because there is always someone, who asks: "Why do you want to do that?" instead of simply answering the question, I provide you with a situational reason:

Player C above could be just about to win the game by buying his last ruby. By paying player B 2 Lira, I provide him with enough money to buy the ruby for himself, thereby raising the price for the next ruby to an amount, which player C cannot afford at the moment. Player B is not about to win, because he has currently no rubies.

I know, that paying the merchants is optional. But I cannot find anything in the rules, that forces me to pay the merchants completely or none at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very edge case, but I would allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Let's say I (player A) end my move on a place with two other merchants of player B and C.

Is the following allowed: I pay player B 2 Lira, but I do NOT pay player C 2 Lira. Because I did not pay all merchants, I end my turn immediately.

Because there is always someone, who asks: "Why do you want to do that?" instead of simply answering the question, I provide you with a situational reason:

Player C above could be just about to win the game by buying his last ruby. By paying player B 2 Lira, I provide him with enough money to buy the ruby for himself, thereby raising the price for the next ruby to an amount, which player C cannot afford at the moment. Player B is not about to win, because he has currently no rubies.

I know, that paying the merchants is optional. But I cannot find anything in the rules, that forces me to pay the merchants completely or none at all.
Yes, this is allowed. But I don't believe this situation occurs very often ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Very clever, nice tactic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.