Subject: Eagle Miniature for Eagle Rider rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKid's Pathfinder Battles Deadly Foes line recently launched. This giant eagle looks nice and comes pre-painted.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9puh?Pathfinder-Battles-Deadly...

It will probably show up on eBay and other miniature vendors soon since it's part of a blind booster series. I've got one on order from Paizo, so I'll post photos when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb

The standard paint job for the Pathfinder Battles Deadly Foes Giant Eagle is superb.

I added a Dark Brown (chocolate + black) wash to the brown feathers and a neutral gray wash to the legs to bring out the ribbing in the feathers. I painted the beak black and gray; the beak's interior was painted crimson red. A little bit of hippo gray on the top edge of the nails completed the figure to make it look more like a golden eagle.

As you can see, the miniature is a bit large for the DOTR game board; but it makes a great player marker to put over the hero card's illustration for when the Eagle Rider is in flight - it's easy for other players correct the Eagle Rider player if they make a mistake about their flight status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.