Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Strange Solution - Dunwich Legacy Preview (FFG) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new oficial article that previews the upcoming deluxe expansion - Dunwich Legacy - is available:

Link

Spoiled Cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an incredibly strange design idea. I'd like to see just how much this will effect future campaigns. I guess it will be nice to use the card first scenario and then trade it out later when you spend experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect Strange Solution will only factor into the Dunwich Legacy campaign. I'm kind of fine with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
That's an incredibly strange design idea. I'd like to see just how much this will effect future campaigns. I guess it will be nice to use the card first scenario and then trade it out later when you spend experience.

It's an other example of what FFG can do with this game! The experience and sucess that the designers gained with the latter LotR LCG expansions are for sure a representation of the amount of ideas and game design directions that could also happen in this LCG.

I predict a really bright future for this game

Looking forward for the upcoming content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has really let their designers go off the rails with this game.

...I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it said Storage Solution soblue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ret
Canada
flag msg tools
roborob wrote:

Same here, scary how excited I got. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:

HA! Me three!

I wanted to see if the box dimensions were made available. I want to know if the small box organizer I got for the base will fit in this box too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
I expect Strange Solution will only factor into the Dunwich Legacy campaign. I'm kind of fine with that.

There's (almost) always room for wild skill check cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
XDarkAngelX wrote:

There's (almost) always room for wild skill check cards though.

Not at the expense of a real card though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping it doesn't come up until you are reading the resolution to the final scenario cycle and it's just like:

*If you have identified the solution, your characters have discovered the bold refreshing flavor of Mountain Dew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
souloon souloon
Poland
flag msg tools
There is alchemical concotion asset in dunwhich cards, those two could be connected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man! I don't even own Arkham LCG yet (I totally would if it weren't for some distributor problems at my FLGS, tho), and this Strange Solution card has me so hyped for some reason. I absolutely love the idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest guess is there is a card that you can level up to that says: If you may only add this card to your deck if you identified the solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kind of weird though. Naturally, it's a card designed only for that expansion. The way it is explained and phrased naturally means that EVERYONE will get that and EVERYONE will try to discover that thing, to see what happens. Of course, some bad thing could happen too, etc, etc. , but it doesn't matter, since it just begs you to try and see. It's very weird that it's a choice made on the deckbuilding level and not on the scenario level. It's as if they wanted to artificially bump the difficulty level even harder: "oh, you've built a deck that works? Well, include this one and supporting cards to be able to do the test, and then see if you're still good with your deck". And with so tight 30-card fit, it will indeed be a true nightmare.

This is TIME Stories thing ported to LCG, you just keep a status token there, which may or may not be used later. I'm not convinced at this point, that it's an interesting design for an LCG (works great in TS). I would much rather have them focused on truly new designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is adorable. Part of me wants it to stay permanently unresolved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question of how many core sets you need to buy will finally be answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmm... odd. Not sure what I think about this. I hope this is not campaign specific. But I feel this card just opens up design space for alternative ways for players to include cards into their decks beyond just XP. But, this also may be a way for players to add beneficial tokens to the chaos bag (a simple +0 or +1, or even +2, or better yet, new tokens altogether). I'm calling it now, a "Solution" chaos token is added to the chaos bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since such token would have to be a part of the game contents, the whole surprise would be pretty much ruined - you would see it anyway and figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could definitely see 'do you have the solution?' being a mythos pack resolution option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for everyone who was worried about 'but i'll have to wait 6 months to find out how it ENDS?!'

no, you have to wait 6 months to find out if you made the right choice earlier on in the campaign.

or maybe the ramifications won't be in this cycle at all. or maybe they'll show up multiple times.

i'm totally convinced now. cards like this put the living into living card game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
[...]
or maybe the ramifications won't be in this cycle at all. or maybe they'll show up multiple times.

The ramifications have to be in this cycle. Remember that you reset from cycle to cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
dr00 wrote:
[...]

The ramifications have to be in this cycle. Remember that you reset from cycle to cycle.
i haven't played the game yet, so i remember nothing, but it's a player card, right? will it not be usable in future games or is it tied to this quest/cycle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that they plan to have a fun surprise in every future campaign if you have identified the solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Nushura wrote:
dr00 wrote:
[...]

It's a player card, so there's nothing to prevent you from playing it in future cycles...and nothing to prevent FFG from coming up with fun new twists each cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.