Hide
10 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about damage and timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Leasure
msg tools
I got this game this weekend and I love it. Here is a couple questions we had about damage.
How does damage work exactly with multiple people?
Does each minion only deal damage once?
Do they damage each individual?
The way we played we would select the minion dealing damage resolve his card. Then move to the next minion only allowing each one to attack once, but if someone got moved towards another enemy that would hit them as well.
Also when taking damage, the ones which get slotted you perform their action as well before slotting them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You start with player 1, draw a damage card for each adjacent minion, then resolve them one by one.
Then repeat with player 2, etc., until all players are done.

A minion can damage more than one mech.
Also, the damage could move the mech, which could squish a minion or push another mech, increasing or decreasing the damage that other player(s) receive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Leasure
msg tools
Ok because we had several instances of people taking strings of damage. And even if we slot the damage we do the turn or what have you first correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Damage section of the rules answers most of your questions, but here's a summary including all official info we have received...

• Damage is dealt with in player order, starting with the lead player. Each player does all damage actions before the next player (which may affect the amount of damage the next player takes).
• While resolving damage for your Mech, you perform the following steps:
1: Calculate how much damage you need to take from adjacent Minions.
2: Decide if you want to mitigate damage via Fuel Tank (ignore all damage), Skewered Minions (ignore 1 damage), etc.
3: Draw the amount of Damage cards calculated minus any that are mitigated.
4: Flip and resolve each drawn card in the order they were drawn.
• Minions can most definitely damage multiple Mechs if the conditions are right.
• Given the way the steps work out, moving next to other Minions while resolving your damage does not affect you.

As for Slot Damage Cards, you do indeed resolve them once when receiving them, and then again each time the slot in your Command line is reached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Leasure
msg tools
Thanks for the clear answer. Another question then. In the first scenario I thought they do not attack the bomb if there is an adjacent mech. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnackHappy wrote:
Thanks for the clear answer. Another question then. In the first scenario I thought they do not attack the bomb if there is an adjacent mech. Is this correct?

No, they'll still attack the bomb. But they attack mechs first, so things like Fuel Tank or Barrel Roll can occasionally be used to stop damage to the bomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SnackHappy wrote:

Nope. They attack the bomb last (so a fuel tank might still save you), but they will still attack the bomb if they are beside it after all mechs have executed their damage.

Edit: Beat me to it; this community is incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
• Given the way the steps work out, moving next to other Minions while resolving your damage does not affect you.

So, just to be sure, if my Mech has to move because of an effect of a Damage card and goes adjacent to a new Minion, I don't draw a new Damage card, is that correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaffophone wrote:
Clipper wrote:

So, just to be sure, if my Mech has to move because of an effect of a Damage card and goes adjacent to a new Minion, I don't draw a new Damage card, is that correct ?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.