Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played "Last Friday" twice in the past week, both times as the Maniac. My impression so far is that the Maniac's game is won or lost in Chapter One. Both times I've gone zero kills for five, denying me the chance to regain my Axe.

Here's an initial setup I'm considering for the next time.

Most of the keys are typically placed far from their respective cabins, except for the Brown Key, which is as close to the Brown Cabin as possible.

The Maniac starts at 196 and moves as follows, ending up on 184 at the end of Round 2. Assuming that the Brown Camper picks up the Brown Key and heads directly for the cabin, that would put her at the padlock on Round Three. The Maniac then moves to 165, killing the camper and using the Axe to open the Brown Cabin. With any luck, the Blue Camper will have either the Red or Yellow Key and will be moving clockwise around the lake.

Meanwhile, both Corpses are grouped together, leaving the Green Camper tripping over bodies instead of finding Clues. The Shovel is on the far side of the lake, with the Boat nowhere in sight.

What do you think? I realize that I'm making some assumptions about camper movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
Im no pro but I like it. Particularly the double corpse placement - they won't likely have two shovels right there, and it will block movement nicely. Generally I like the key opposite cabin plan, haven't thought of a better one, although its interesting that if red camper picks up red key, then only they can go in the red cabin.

Regarding brown though, IIRC the rules state that after the camper ends their turn on the lock with the key, they cabin opens immediately. They then can't ENTER the cabin next turn but another camper could enter on same turn. This means you'll be able to kill them, but won't be able to do it before they unlock the cabin (which nobody will be able to go into, hah!) but you won't get dark cabin via axe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap, you're right about the cabin. Once it's unlocked, no more axing my way in! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking that I may swap the Brown Key and the Shovel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
And if you use a double movement for arrive on the cabin? Muahahahahaha... ok ok... stop evil laugh devil laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is true, you have the "game" this just to have a chance, kind of ruins the fun of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plaxed today, killing no one in chapter 1, getting my ass handed at chapter 2, but in chapter 3 killed 2 survivors (revenge!!!) and got the chosen one with the plot twist token on my last turn. -- Game won.

I liked it, but the other players not so much :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.