Subject: Unique game business models rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Dahlberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mb
So there's A LOT of info out there about starting your own local game shop, but I'm looking for different advise. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any businesses who sell and market their own game(s) in a unique way.

I stumbled upon a game designer company who makes "wallet games" and ships to its customers - a brand new game every month! (That's crazy fast game designing since each game is completely new, designed from scratch).

I've toyed with the idea of a subscription box with a new card game a few times a year, but such a service would require A LOT of subscribers to make a profit.

Any other companies you know of who take making card and board games - and selling them - to a new level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Unlike game business models
You could employ patreon to create PnP games and make them available to the public. However despite the number of us that are active on BGG, that does not translate into a large potential subscriber base for our hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jozii wrote:
Any other companies you know of who take making card and board games - and selling them - to a new level?

Gamecrafter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This company used to have a MLM-only model. It seems like you can also order directly from their web site now.

https://www.simplyfun.com/pws/homeoffice/tabs/about-us.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.