Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Squad] - Dual Firespray rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James R
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all

One of my favourite chassis to build a squad with is without a doubt the Firespray.

http://www.thatsnomoon.info/squads/dual-firesprays-fetty-kat...

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat list! I've put together a couple dual FS builds myself. Lots of possibilities.

A Kath thought with the newly revealed U-Wing stuff: Instead of PtL and Dengar or K4, try Rage and Inspiring Recruit. You get a Focus token, reroll three attack dice with no restriction to TL (and how often do you reroll more anyway?), you can clear both stress with one green move, and it all costs 4 pts less than PtL+Dengar. Down side is that you can't pair a boost with another action if you take the EU upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a madman, so I run Kath with Fearlessness AND Tail Gunner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went up against the Fett/Fearlessness/Latts combo yesterday and it was monstrous. Especially since I was flying Protectorates and so HAD to be at Range 1 for the build to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the trick with Protectorates, I've found. They're great against a list not equipped to deal with them at range 1, but have a really tough time against turrets (autothrusters help, but it's just hard to get the close-range face time you need for the extra results) and opponents with extra range 1 bonuses.

Not double Firesprays, but I'm thinking Fett/Fearlessness/Latts with Asajj flying wing to deal out stress would be a real killer. Something like this:

Boba Fett (43)
Firespray-31 (39), Fearlessness (1), Latts Razzi (2), Burnout Slam (1)

Asajj Ventress (44)
Lancer-class Pursuit Craft (37), Veteran Instincts (1), Ketsu Onyo (1), Shadow Caster (3), Gyroscopic Targeting (2)

Binayre Pirate (13)
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Another thing you could do is run a Hotshot Co-Pilot instead of Latts (drop her and Gyroscopic Targeting or whatever else you don't want for the points). Less direct defense, but makes Focus tokens basically worthless against Fett unless the opponent is rigged for multiple Focus tokens (and he can pick some of those off by attacking). That can add up to a lot of lost hits over the course of a game. OR! Drop Ketsu, Gyro and Burnout Slam and put the Hotshot on Asajj instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's almost exactly what I faced, except it was just the two big ships. And Fett had Glitterstim for a big first strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a dual-FS list, to be on topic!

Kath Scarlet (Scum) — Firespray-31
Rage
Inspiring Recruit
Glitterstim
Seismic Torpedo
Countermeasures
Slave I
Ship Total: 47

Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31
Fearlessness
Hotshot Co-pilot
Proton Rockets
Glitterstim
Countermeasures
Ship Total: 52

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.