Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had read somewhere of a new game from the creator of KD:M coming in the distant future? Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
He may want to work on other games, but I suspect the current kickstarter will keep him busy until fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in May, Adam posted a list of potential future projects, some of which we're already seeing in this campaign:

Quote:
So! In the vein of embracing the insanity, Here are some things I am excited to see on the horizon of Kingdom Death. Consider it a soft-announcement of the things that inspire me to work every morning.

KDM - Nightmare Ram Expansion
KDM - Ringtail Fox Expansion
KDM - Black Knight Expansion
KDM - Gryphon Expansion
KDM - Frogdog Expansion
KDM - Lantern Festival (being reworked from the ground up, might focus on towns instead of settlements)
KDM - Storm Knight Expansion (how a survivor can become a hero)
KDM - Custom Campaign Book (for mixing our current expansions, supported with new story events)
KDM - Rust Ocean (area where Architects are from)
KD:Q - Kingdom Death Quest, a PVC game for mass market (gonna try distro with this!)
KD:T - Titan, a deck building game, its perspective far pulled far back to the greater entity level.
KD:L - Labyrinth, the game that highlights Twilight Knights, White Speakers and other hero level classes.
KD:2D - A retro cinematic platformer, with GORGEOUS hand made sprite animation.
MALE PINUPS

Of course these are the far off projects that loom large and don't include the resin releases that I have the pleasure of working on everyday!

Will all of this see the light of day? Will the team rebel and overthrow me first? I certainly can't say for now, but it should be a lot of fun either way!

It'll be interesting to see what other KD:M stuff on this list makes it to this KS (Ringtail Fox plz). No telling if or when he'll get to the other projects though, considering how much KD:M stuff there will be to deliver after this campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats cool. If I remember correctly, it sounded like a dungeon crawl. What I was thinking is most likely in that list.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Thats cool. If I remember correctly, it sounded like a dungeon crawl. What I was thinking is most likely in that list.

Thanks!

That would be KD: Labyrinth, known by fans for a while as KD: Heroes (Labyrinth is the proper name however)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I forgot about that campaign book idea. I hope that works its way into this Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Elyklord wrote:
Back in May, Adam posted a list of potential future projects, some of which we're already seeing in this campaign:

Quote:
So! In the vein of embracing the insanity, Here are some things I am excited to see on the horizon of Kingdom Death. Consider it a soft-announcement of the things that inspire me to work every morning.

KDM - Nightmare Ram Expansion
KDM - Ringtail Fox Expansion
KDM - Black Knight Expansion
KDM - Gryphon Expansion
KDM - Frogdog Expansion
KDM - Lantern Festival (being reworked from the ground up, might focus on towns instead of settlements)
KDM - Storm Knight Expansion (how a survivor can become a hero)
KDM - Custom Campaign Book (for mixing our current expansions, supported with new story events)
KDM - Rust Ocean (area where Architects are from)
KD:Q - Kingdom Death Quest, a PVC game for mass market (gonna try distro with this!)
KD:T - Titan, a deck building game, its perspective far pulled far back to the greater entity level.
KD:L - Labyrinth, the game that highlights Twilight Knights, White Speakers and other hero level classes.
KD:2D - A retro cinematic platformer, with GORGEOUS hand made sprite animation.
MALE PINUPS

Of course these are the far off projects that loom large and don't include the resin releases that I have the pleasure of working on everyday!

Will all of this see the light of day? Will the team rebel and overthrow me first? I certainly can't say for now, but it should be a lot of fun either way!

It'll be interesting to see what other KD:M stuff on this list makes it to this KS (Ringtail Fox plz). No telling if or when he'll get to the other projects though, considering how much KD:M stuff there will be to deliver after this campaign

It'll also be interesting to see how Quest differs from Monster, aside from in scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He also mentioned that if he revisited the Lantern Festival he would likely make it a new core game. But, yeah, I hope to god he doesn't move on to a new game until the new stuff is hitting production. To often that happens to the detriment of the original product. Not that Poots would release something sub par, just a bit (very) late

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.