Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Pawn and Pints (Kansas City Area) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So I found a new board game cafe that just opened in downtown KCMO. I've not been but I'm looking to see if anyone has been and is interested in starting up a regular group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Robison

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw this place mentioned on meetup.Com with some events I think. Check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what to think of a place that charges you just to be there. I guess it works well for Snakes & Lattes, but I'd have a hard time convincing people to meet there instead of TableTop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Game Café of Wednesday nights GREAT group on people and games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike George wrote:
Try the Game Café of Wednesday nights GREAT group on people and games.

No thanks. That place carries the odor of Magic players throughout it (literally... I still remember how bad it smelled in there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah makes sense if you live closer to TableTop but I live in downtown KC so this place is closer and I was hoping there was interest in it. I have friends that like TableTop some play games all the way up in Leavenworth some are out in Independence.

They mainly charge for renting their games. The $5 gets you access to their rather large library for the entire day! Which is great if you want to try something new without wanting to buy it. They still are working on their bar and restaurant but when it's finished it will probably become my main hang out since I live so close to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperVehicle001 wrote:
They mainly charge for renting their games. The $5 gets you access to their rather large library for the entire day! Which is great if you want to try something new without wanting to buy it.

That's great if you don't have any games but still want to play. What if I want to bring my own games, buy some food and drinks, and play with my usual game group? It appears that I would still be charged the $5 cover charge, which is going to make me think twice about going there.

I'd rather have a food and drink minimum, instead of a cover charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Welch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird that they call it pawns and pints considering you can't buy beer or any alcohol there. Plus the photos look like the place is only half done and under construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fowler
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have only been there once shortly after they opened. I thought it was great. Owners were very friendly and willing to help make suggestions and teach new games. Atmosphere was great and will only improve as they finish the food and drink probably. To me, $5 is pretty trivial for access to a friendly game environment with a large game collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.