Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunate you think a single tweet sums up anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

You really can't get outraged enough about other people's opinions, can you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:

laugh

When generally speaking, I like to generalize in no uncertain terms. But I'll always take exception to those who are exceptional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

But what did you think about Tariq's statement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

But what did you think about Tariq's statement?

I think Twitter is for morons and this tweet is no exception, nor is the fact that you apparently go on twitter and you brought this tweet here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The issue most people have on both sides is thinking that one person's comments or actions are exactly what everyone in that party feels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Who is Tareeq Nashid and why do we give a fuck about what he tweets?

Precisely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of taking a wild ass guess here, but I supposed he is being treated as a "hero" because he probably saved a lot of people's lives!

Nine people had already been stabbed (one is in "serious" condition at a local hospital). Had this officer not been quick to assess the situation, warn the perpetrator to "stop or I will shoot", and then shoot the guy for failing to heed the officer's demands, then I am sure the situation would have been much worse. I am sure that many more people would have been injured, and quite possibly more than the perpetrator would have died.

So yeah, Tareeq Nashid, the cop is essentially a "hero" for saving more lives and stopping the damage before it got worse than nine victims.

But I wouldn't expect such rational appreciation from most race-baiting douchebags, so I am not surprised by his Twitter response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
xuzuthor wrote:
The issue most people have on both sides is thinking that one person's comments or actions are exactly what everyone in that party feels.
surprise NAUGHT one single "prayer" on behalf of EVEN Omarion? The "floutrage" ensued...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

That got 16 likes!

SIXTEEN!

Even more retweets!

The man is twitter-famous!

He is the modern left. After I read that tweet, my modern-left antennae started tingling and I adopted a Muslim child before I knew what I was doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post a David Duke victory tweet with "this one tweet sums up all conservatives", but I'm too lazy today.

This has nothing to to do with that shit Twitter-post that no one but 16 people give two shits about.

Random thoughts...

Is it just me or is it weird to be suspicious of the government and want it under constant scrutiny, but when it comes to police the assumption has to be innocent until proven guilty, now move along. It also seems weird that some people think questioning authority is good unless it's the police as well. Worst yet seems that some people assume that the police don't have an agenda or bias, it's like they're pre-programmed anti-crime bots or something.

I'm sure none of this applies to anyone here in RSP though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I was going to post a David Duke victory tweet with "this one tweet sums up all conservatives", but I'm too lazy today.

This has nothing to to do with that shit Twitter-post that no one but 16 people give two shits about.

Random thoughts...

Is it just me or is it weird to be suspicious of the government and want it under constant scrutiny, but when it comes to police the assumption has to be innocent until proven guilty, now move along. It also seems weird that some people think questioning authority is good unless it's the police as well. Worst yet seems that some people assume that the police don't have an agenda or bias, it's like they're pre-programmed anti-crime bots or something.

Where do you read that? I've not seen that in here, even from the most ardent of police supporters. The Thin Blue Line and how they protect the bad actors is a problem. Where have you heard otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The idiocy of this post sums up the Modern Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Random thoughts...

Where do you read that? I've not seen that in here, even from the most ardent of police supporters. The Thin Blue Line and how they protect the bad actors is a problem. Where have you heard otherwise?

I would say that "police apologist" and "ardent 2nd amendment proponent to protect us from the tyranny of the government" is a pretty decent correlation -- at least a small effect, probably much larger.

On this forum, Stone, Ferret, and Dashi fall into that category, right? That is, they think the 2nd amendment is important, and are consistent when defending police from hostile criticism of their actions.

(This isn't meant to be incendiary, just a statement of my view of other people's opinions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Random thoughts...

Blue lives matter. I haven't seen someone say it per-se it's more of an impression you get from police apologists. When in doubt the cops or the "good guy with a gun" is innocent. I appears as selective skepticism of the government.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

laugh

When generally speaking, I like to generalize in no uncertain terms. But I'll always take exception to those who are exceptional.

You should get an award for neckbeard shitpost of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey wait a second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Terwox wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

That got 16 likes!

SIXTEEN!

Even more retweets!

He is the modern left. After I read that tweet, my modern-left antennae started tingling and I adopted a Muslim child before I knew what I was doing.

THE CULTURAL IMPERIALISM OF THE faux neo-LEFT IS DISGUSTING.
A real lefty would have become a secular Muslim. And adopted 3 Babies from a range of oppressed minorities.
You are inconsistent and your claims to being truly left are not credible.

edit: The ghostly thumb of deadkenny is providing motivation for Sarxis.
How does a ghostly thumbing feel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sarxis wrote:

140 characters is so many. Couldn't you have summed the whole "Modern Left" in a single word instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Terwox wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

That got 16 likes!

SIXTEEN!

Even more retweets!

THE CULTURAL IMPERIALISM OF THE faux neo-LEFT IS DISGUSTING.
A real lefty would have become a secular Muslim. And adopted 3 Babies from a range of oppressed minorities.
You are inconsistent and your claims to being truly left are not credible.

edit: The ghostly thumb of deadkenny is providing motivation for Sarxis.
How does a ghostly thumbing feel?

Its a warm dryness. Like a hair-dryer on low, but without the humming of the blades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not even sure what the original tweet was getting at. It definitely isn't dripping with outrage. It seems like the guy was being critical, but it's hardly worthy of true leftist outrage. Couldn't you have found one you could have thrown a triggered meme under?

Twitter is garbage because people react before they get the whole story and we don't know what the tweeter knows because they don't have enough characters to reveal how little/much they know. It's not like this guy is the President and is expected to know the whole story before he puts his foot in his mouth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
That got 16 likes!

SIXTEEN!

Even more retweets!

I wonder how long an alt-right outrage hunter had to look before they found a tweet expressing this sentiment, and how long after (or during) the situation did they start searching. That they only came up with this one non-entity, with very little agreement, who didn't even express that much outrage must have been a real disappointment for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like he deserves a medal.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
hey wait a second.

I'm mainly just saying, "Oh hey in retrospect this is something a white nationalist would care about."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.