Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Sorry for asking questions that for sure are already answered, but I my google fu is not good today. All of them are bot related, as I am trying to get

1. With regards to which issue to advance.

1a. Let's suppose that an UK staff card can move 4 issues in total to the UK track: 2 of them are in the Neutral Space, 1 in the Soviet-1 square, 1 in the Soviet-2 square. Should it choose randomly or should it choose the one closest to the UK track? (Ie, the one that will advance more)

1b. If the card has a bonus for a given type of issue, is this taken into consideration for the previous point?

2. With regards to Agenda Selection (or, again, which issue to advance)

2a. The bot flow says choose the combination Bot+Issue that is stronger. However, it may be that the Issue is indiferent - ie, a staff card of value 5 which is bigger than the rest of staff cards. In that case, which issue to choose for Agenda Selection?

2b. Same situation but for issue advance instead of Agenda Selection.

3. Pol/Mil

3a. If the global Issues are such in a way that they restrict the colocation of clandestine network/policy marker... Should that be taken into account when selecting which Pol/Mil (1/3 vs 2/2) is to be choosed by the bot in the Agenda Selection?

3b. Should the bot be allowed to place a Clandestine Network in a front space that is sure to be overriden? (The offensive support there is >=10)

4. Production, Directed Offensives and Strategic Resources

4a. Some Staff Cards have bonuses for Production, Directed Offensives and Strategic Resources. Should they influence the Agenda Selection? For instance, if a UK staff card has a bonus for UK Directed Offensive, should this issue be selected during Agenda Selection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmb
1a. If I remember right, the bots always grab the closest. If I'm remembering that wrong, then it's always random.

1b. They always grab what they have a bonus for.

2a. Purely random selection.

2b. Same answer.

3a. Nope. Sometimes you pick issues that aren't "popular" (like European Leader after Germany surrenders) just so you can win the issue (because who would fight you for it?) and possibly win the conference.

3b. Everyone makes a mistake. Sure.

4a. I'm thinking yes, but I'm not sure I can remember a rule to say why. I'll wait for a smarter person to reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

A further question:

5. Does teh bot give precedence to move issues to the track from other tracks or to advance the issues already in its track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think there's a preference. I think it's random.

Remember, the fall back is always "Random among choices."

It seems lame, but in play it works alarmingly well. Something that seemed like a "bad move" a few turns back will bite you in the butt conferences later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:

4a. Some Staff Cards have bonuses for Production, Directed Offensives and Strategic Resources. Should they influence the Agenda Selection? For instance, if a UK staff card has a bonus for UK Directed Offensive, should this issue be selected during Agenda Selection?

When picking issues for the Agenda, you count the cards value including any specific value bonuses (i.e. +1 for directed offensive) when picking the issues.

jamuki wrote:
Thanks.

A further question:

5. Does teh bot give precedence to move issues to the track from other tracks or to advance the issues already in its track?

As written on the bot instructions, first priority is issues that can be moved onto their track from another track (or the middle), then next priority is to move issues closest to their track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
See? Smart person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CthulhuKid wrote:
See? Smart person.

I wouldn't go that far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.