Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is as follows:

1. Dwarfs stay on spots until they fulfill the stated requirement OR its owner moves it OR someone uses an ogre card to move it.

2. 1 ogre card can be drawn to your hand ONLY by placing 2 dwarfs on the tavern.

Does this mean that if 3 players each put a dwarf on the tavern, no one can use ogre cards and therefore not move any other players' dwarfs?

It seems like this could result in dead tiles and stalemates across the board pretty easily as each player is biding their time until someone gives up and leaves the tavern.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vesuvius Media
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Jack, the Tavern demands 2 dwarfs in order to be activated. Once you fulfill the requirements you will draw card at the end you turn and remove the 2 dwarfs. If you have a 3rd one it stays there but that doesn't block the tavern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
Does this mean that if 3 players each put a dwarf on the tavern, no one can use ogre cards and therefore not move any other players' dwarfs?

It seems like this could result in dead tiles and stalemates across the board pretty easily as each player is biding their time until someone gives up and leaves the tavern.

Vesuvius Media wrote:
Hello Jack, the Tavern demands 2 dwarfs in order to be activated. Once you fulfill the requirements you will draw card at the end you turn and remove the 2 dwarfs.

So, from what I can collect the risk exists, but this means that you are giving up on one of your dwarves and they are quite precious in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Guys! If I understand your question, you are saying that in a 3-4 player game if you have 3 different players on a tavern, is that tavern blocked? Yes and also no.

Everyone starts the game with one of each kingdom card(so every player will have an ogre tavern on his/her hand). Because of that, this situation never happens (all taverns be blocked at the same time by all players) It would take so many meeples and actions and it would leave all mines open for gathering.

You also have the movement action, that you can use to move your dwarfs to adjacent tiles (not divided by wallS) to keep yourself from being stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brueh wrote:
Hi, Guys! If I understand your question, you are saying that in a 3-4 player game if you have 3 different players on a tavern, is that tavern blocked? Yes and also no.

Everyone starts the game with one of each kingdom card(so every player will have an ogre tavern on his/her hand). Because of that, this situation never happens (all taverns be blocked at the same time by all players) It would take so many meeples and actions and it would leave all mines open for gathering.

You also have the movement action, that you can use to move your dwarfs to adjacent tiles (not divided by wallS) to keep yourself from being stuck.

Thanks, Luis. Having not yet backed the Kickstarter, I hadn't made the realization that there would be one tavern per player. Of course that makes sense and opens the board up a lot. Makes it easier to get ogre cards, too.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.