Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Some random thoughts on Talents for boosting skills... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I had realised that Roland has a neat benefit of both Physical Training and Hyperawareness, which lets him boost any of his stats if they're both in play.

What I've only just realised is that he is the only investigator in the core set that can do this (I might be a little slow on the uptake). The only other combination that works is rogue/mystic (Hard Knocks and Arcane Studies), and we don't have one of those in the core set.

This set me thinking, though - the Dunwich Legacy will contain investigators who can pick 5 level-zero cards from any other class. That means that for one out-of-class selection all Dunwich investigators (apart from Survivors) will be able to perform this same trick.

And one of the new investigators has a bonus of 2 resources rather than 1 each turn. That seems quite exciting!

Sorry, just a random observation - I'm not sure of the point. I guess I'd wondered if anyone else had though of this, or thoughts about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It came up in a discussion about Jenny Barnes, who is likely to derive the greatest benefits from Talents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yeah, I expect Jenny will be pretty monstrous with a few talents in her deck, especially given her balanced skill bar. She can cover any skill test type and fuel repeated checks with her extra resources. She's going to be really strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.