3 Posts

Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions (Tundra/Ruins/Hero) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D HDHOUSTEN
msg tools
A couple questions that came up in a few recent games:

(1) If a player has two meeples in two tundras and a patrol action is taken, what happens? Does the player choose one meeple to move and leave the other?

(2) If a player is down to a single meeple in a tundra that is surrounded by regions with opponents, and a patrol action is taken, what happens? I’m assuming the player with the single meeple doesn’t patrol the meeple and keeps it in the tundra, but does that consume the patrol action? Or, can resources be taken?

(3) If a meeple is in a tundra and a patrol action is selected, can the player use a faction/hero ability that allows them to do something instead of a patrol action, or must they take the patrol and move the meeple from the tundra?

(4) If Player A starts a turn not in the tundra when Player B (Nymphs) selects a patrol action, but Player B uses their faction ability to move Player A into the tundra, when it comes to Player A’s turn, do they need to move the meeple out of the tundra? Or, does it matter that the meeple was not in the tundra when the Patrol action was originally selected?

(5) If a meeple is in the ruins (knocked down) and the player (Centaurs) reaches level 3, can the meeple be redistributed? Does it stay knocked down? If so, what does it mean to be knocked down not in the ruins?

(6) How do the frost giants interact with the ruins? Knocked over meeples in the ruins collect resources but meeples knocked over by the frost giant don’t collect ruins?

(7) There is a hero icon and a meeple icon…does a meeple icon always indicate a non-hero or can it be either a hero or non-hero? Can the Nymphs move another player’s hero? Can the Death Knights take a hero and put it on their card? If so, can that player recruit heroes any more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a stab at the tundra and the hero question because I had some recent troubles with them and found answers. I don't know how the knock-down works, though.

dhousten wrote:
(1) If a player has two meeples in two tundras and a patrol action is taken, what happens? Does the player choose one meeple to move and leave the other?

Should not happen. If you have a meeple in one tundra area when you attempted to enter another tundra, you probably would have lost the first. However, due to abilities, maybe it does.

The official word from the designer in these forums is that you don't lose your meeple if it was not a valid move when the action came up (you were blocked in, for example). If you got to the point where you had a choice of either meeple having a valid move out of their tundras during the same action, I would say you lose either one or both meeples, depending on whether or not you moved one out. It was poor planning to get into that situation in the first place, so prepare for it better next time.

dhousten wrote:
(2) If a player is down to a single meeple in a tundra that is surrounded by regions with opponents, and a patrol action is taken, what happens? I’m assuming the player with the single meeple doesn’t patrol the meeple and keeps it in the tundra, but does that consume the patrol action? Or, can resources be taken?

See above - it is not a valid action to patrol, so you don't move and don't lose the meeple. You would able to gather instead, unless you were the one who took the action.

dhousten wrote:
(3) If a meeple is in a tundra and a patrol action is selected, can the player use a faction/hero ability that allows them to do something instead of a patrol action, or must they take the patrol and move the meeple from the tundra?

The rule is that you must move out if you can move out, or you lose the meeple. If you choose the ability, I'm sure you would lose the meeple.

dhousten wrote:
(4) If Player A starts a turn not in the tundra when Player B (Nymphs) selects a patrol action, but Player B uses their faction ability to move Player A into the tundra, when it comes to Player A’s turn, do they need to move the meeple out of the tundra? Or, does it matter that the meeple was not in the tundra when the Patrol action was originally selected?

I don't know for sure, but everything is turn-based, so a strict reading of the rules would imply that you would have to move out if you can move out. Or you lose the meeple. The nymphs lured you there, and you'd better get out before you freeze to death.

dhousten wrote:
(7) There is a hero icon and a meeple icon…does a meeple icon always indicate a non-hero or can it be either a hero or non-hero? Can the Nymphs move another player’s hero? Can the Death Knights take a hero and put it on their card? If so, can that player recruit heroes any more?

This was answered in the forums too - I am positive that the meeple icon means either hero or regular meeple. The hero icon is only the hero. Yes, the Nymphs could move another player's hero (I think that was the exact example), and I assume it would also be true for Death Knights. As long as the hero isn't dead, it would still be in play and the player could not recruit another hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D HDHOUSTEN
msg tools
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.