$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Fantastiqa» Forums » News

Subject: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them -- at a big Fantastiqa sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for Fantastic Beasts? Find them here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you did there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alfseegert wrote:

I would love to support your game more Alf but Eagles ridiculous refusal to enter the 21st century with shipping kills it for me. Last time I tried to take advantage of an Eagle sale they wanted to charge me $70 for shipping one game.

To give you a real life quote I just clicked your link and added Fantastiqa rucksack edition to my cart. Shipping is $40.05 for ground.

When I contacted them in the past I get a polite sorry but that is the way it is.

Just for perspective, I paid $20 to ship Mechs Vs Minions. Cthulhu Wars was $25.

I really love Fantastiqa and wanted to do a full review series on it ages ago but I couldn't afford the shipping on the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website currently has free shipping at $50. I don't have a horse in this race, but between the sale and the free shipping I just purchased all 9 expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
alfseegert wrote:

I would love to support your game more Alf but Eagles ridiculous refusal to enter the 21st century with shipping kills it for me. Last time I tried to take advantage of an Eagle sale they wanted to charge me $70 for shipping one game.

To give you a real life quote I just clicked your link and added Fantastiqa rucksack edition to my cart. Shipping is $40.05 for ground.

When I contacted them in the past I get a polite sorry but that is the way it is.

Just for perspective, I paid $20 to ship Mechs Vs Minions. Cthulhu Wars was $25.

I really love Fantastiqa and wanted to do a full review series on it ages ago but I couldn't afford the shipping on the expansions.

Michael -- Shipping is free at $50 with this sale! All you need to do is order Fantastiqa at $25 and that much again in expansions and you will be over $50 and get free shipping. Please modify your response so you do not mislead others! Thanks -- Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
Michael -- Shipping is free at $50 with this sale!

Not for him, according to your website, which says:

Free Shipping on All Orders Over $50 in the Contiguous United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Alf. I've been looking for the FANTASTIQA: Event Deck (Fantastiqa Expansion #3) for a long time!! Get to complete my collection now!

Also picked up some other nice things at the sale. My shipping was only $7, including metal coins. Shipping reasonable for me.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
alfseegert wrote:

Michael -- Shipping is free at $50 with this sale! All you need to do is order Fantastiqa at $25 and that much again in expansions and you will be over $50 and get free shipping. Please modify your response so you do not mislead others! Thanks -- Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games

I tried again, no free shipping option is available. If you can tell me how to make it work, I have about $100 worth of items I wanted to order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
ricks wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
alfseegert wrote:

Hey Michael -- You neglected to tell me/us that you are in Alaska. Our logistics manager has taken this into account and has written this note to you:

Hello Michael,

I apologize for the confusion, Alaska and Hawaii are not included in our free shipping. Shipping to Alaska is far more expensive than shipping in the lower 48 states. The quote you are given by the system is a live quote which reflects what we pay in shipping cost.

For example, a 10 lb. package to Alaska is almost $40 (USPS) while a 10 lb. package to California is about $12 (UPS). This is a huge difference, especially when you consider the sale prices already in place.

I will be happy to work with you to get you all of the items you want. Since the Fantastiqa items are small we may be able to split the shipment into two smaller flat rate boxes to save on your shipping costs.

Please email me with your order and address. I will figure out the cheapest way to send you these games. Brandons@eagle-gryphon.com

Thanks - Brandon

I tried again, no free shipping option is available. If you can tell me how to make it work, I have about $100 worth of items I wanted to order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought a couple of these while they were on sale for Black Friday, picked up the rest now that they're all on sale. My Fantastiqa is complete!!! Thanks for the heads-up, Alf. Would have missed it otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thank you all for your kind replies! I'm happy so many of you are able to get a few more (or all!) Fantastiqa expansions this way.

As for the Alaska shipping question, I've inquired of EGG and am looking forward to hearing back from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Scott
msg tools
It looks like our reply about free shipping to Alaska was mixed up in the quoted text. I have copied it below.

Hey Michael -- You neglected to tell me/us that you are in Alaska. Our logistics manager has taken this into account and has written this note to you:

Hello Michael,

I apologize for the confusion, Alaska and Hawaii are not included in our free shipping. Shipping to Alaska is far more expensive than shipping in the lower 48 states. The quote you are given by the system is a live quote which reflects what we pay in shipping cost.

For example, a 10 lb. package to Alaska is almost $40 (USPS) while a 10 lb. package to California is about $12 (UPS). This is a huge difference, especially when you consider the sale prices already in place.

I will be happy to work with you to get you all of the items you want. Since the Fantastiqa items are small we may be able to split the shipment into two smaller flat rate boxes to save on your shipping costs.

Please email me with your order and address. I will figure out the cheapest way to send you these games. Brandons@eagle-gryphon.com

Thanks - Brandon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
ricks wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
alfseegert wrote:

Hello Michael,

Thanks - Brandon

Well this is slightly embarrassing, I didn't realize you replied in the quoted text!

My eyes usually skim over quote text!

Thanks Alf for bringing it to my attention

I will send an email this weekend with stuff I am interested in and hopefully a flat rate USPS shipping box works perfectly fine. If you want to start checking the price for expansions #1, #3 and #7 for Fantastiqa? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.