$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all, these crazy dreams. I just can't even. I had a crazy dream a while ago that might make a good board game (here -> So I had a crazy dream last night and I want to turn it into a board game.). It hasn't gone past some google doc notes TBH. And I already had another crazy dream turned board game idea.

So the world was post-apocalyptic with evil aliens and stuff. There was exactly one human man left on the earth. I'm not sure what my perspective was, perhaps scientist/observer/fourth wall. The outside world was all scorched black earth with bare building foundations and dead trees.

The one lone human man lived inside a giant bug intestine looking place (kind of like those things in World of Warcraft) and he lived with an evil alien that was kind of beige and purple with pulsating veins and tentacles. This evil alien had some kind of mind trick on him where she was a beautiful wife and they lived with a kid in a white picket fence house in the perfect life. The kid was actually a smaller alien. The man was oblivious that he was married to an alien and lived in a bug intestine.

The evil alien had some kind of vested interest in keeping up this mind trick - it was kind of a codependent alien that needed a pet human. Our job as the scientists was to try different tricks in order to show the man what was really going on and to make him come with us.

We tried taking him outside to see the burned earth but the alien mind trick worked outside too. We tried blowing the alien up with a shotgun but she re-formed after a split second. We tried just talking to the guy but he had no concept of his life not being real.

So - perhaps I should start a side business of selling these whacko dreams as board game fodder. It could work as some kind of dice-based social deduction game perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it work as a series of scenarios in a three or four player deduction game?

One side is the alien, one side is the human, and one or more players take the role of the individual who doesn't know what's going on? They have to decide what is happening and make a choice of which side to go with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McMullen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read the title... Let me stop you right there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McMullen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
snapdragon23 wrote:
Y'all, these crazy dreams. I just can't even. I had a crazy dream a while ago that might make a good board game (here -> So I had a crazy dream last night and I want to turn it into a board game.). It hasn't gone past some google doc notes TBH. And I already had another crazy dream turned board game idea.

whacko dreams as board game fodder. It could work as some kind of dice-based social deduction game perhaps.

Here's what I got from all that... ^^
goo Spectacular!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snapdragon23 wrote:
So - perhaps I should start a side business of selling these whacko dreams as board game fodder.

Don't give up your day job, but keep dreamin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

I, on the other hand, am really worried about you, Anna. ninja
Do you know a good therapist?

(On a side note...fascinating dream! wow )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hhmmm, a postapocalyptic world = A good setting actually.
Aliens = Nice. Thinking about it, we are all aliens (Stranger).

You are exactly the last man on earth. Okeeee. So where does all the "scientists" come into the picture? Are there other humans left? Or are these just some kind of other "Aliens"?

Conclusion is: This boardgame of yours would totally (sorry to say it, but...) SUCK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Young
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can completely relate, Anna. I have bizarre dreams all the time. I doubt any of them would make good board game material...come to think of it, many of them, if true, would land me squarely in a padded room.

But I do like the subject matter in yours. Has a bit of Twilight Zone mixed with The Host kinda vibe. Pleasant dreams!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.