Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an excellent offer on 3D printed parts! Definitely one of the best I've seen.

25% off everything, plus free global shipping

Terms & Conditions
Promo code SMALLBIZMONDAY is good for 25% off a designer's own models, and models in the Marketplace.
Code is valid 3 uses per customer with a maximum discount of $100 USD per order before taxes and VAT.
If you order a design during the promotion period that cannot be printed, we cannot apply discounts to future orders (even if these designs are repaired).
Code cannot be combined with other discounts or offer codes.
Free Shipping will be available on all orders, and applies only to least expensive delivery option.
No cash value.
Expires November 28th, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.

Aside from the excellent shop by Roolz, any suggestions?

http://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/games/board-games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Black III
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shapeways: 25% off, free GLOBAL shipping, no min
Yes! I have suggestions!

Shapeways does some really neat 3D printed metal pieces. I didn't know that was a thing that could be done until last Christmas, when I ordered stainless steel D20s for my entire D&D group. These are the ones I liked the most:

Large Celtic D20 - Maybe a little over-large (is that possible?), it's lovely and chunky. My wife practically demanded it for herself once they all arrived and she got a look at them. Kinda looks like it's covered in starfish, not quite as "celtic" as I expected, but quite cool.

Center Arc D20 - Also large, but not over-sized. My personal favorite from a "feel" perspective. Potential hazard as a caltrop if left on the floor: very very high.

Sputnik D20 and Jack D20 - Both standard D20 sized, both very neat and fun to roll. Both also require a bit more time picking the sand out of the crevices, and I felt Sputnik benefitted from a black ink wash to make the numbers stand out more.

I've had a great experience with these dice (plus the other two I got but didn't list here because they weren't quite as neat). Banding wasn't particularly noticeable on any of them except where there were long, flat sides (that was this one); overall presentation, given their 3D printed nature, was pleasantly surprising.

I will say, if you're going to order the metal-printed 3D objects (dice or whatever), consider the finish strongly. I went with unfinished stainless steel across the board, and they look a bit rough on the whole. For most of them, that's fine, for others I wish I'd gotten something polished or plated. The photos show the unfinished pretty accurately, so extend that to whatever it is you're looking at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonders by Matthew Vanek for Clash of Cultures!
Upgraded Wonders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyothi
India
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks a ton OP!

I picked up a piece for the Tzolk'in central gear and a Dwarf to be a Caverna first player marker for about $5 :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Zagst
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for mentioning this one! Picked up a Captain Vurst mini for Mice & Mystics and a couple of "Colored Sandstone" statues of the original Sierra King Graham from "Kings Quest" and Roger Wilco from "Space Quest".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.