Subject: Is the Big Box worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All - I've never played this game and I want to buy it. Is the Big Box worth $60 or should I just buy the Base Game for $25?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think you're going to play this game a ton and your group loves adding new twists and rules, then yes its worth it. If you think you'll pull it out every now and then and your group is hesitant to learn new rules, then just get the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add that you can always add an expansion or two later and it will fit in the base game box. I bought the Illusions expansions and a couple promos and it has been plenty for me. You've got to be careful in adding new rules to a real-time game, so I think it would take a very dedicated group to appreciate all the Big Box has to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since space is as much a concern as money is for me, I'd get the base game and 1 expansion (either Quests or Illusions) and throw away the base box... everything fits easily in the smaller expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
Since space is as much a concern as money is for me, I'd get the base game and 1 expansion (either Quests or Illusions) and throw away the base box... everything fits easily in the smaller expansion box.

Yeah, we have all the expansions in the base box (with a divider) but you could do it in one of the expansion boxes if space were especially tight. Also, then you can buy expansions as they interest you, and not commit to all of them in the ridiculously oversized big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I just bought the Big Box on the Cardhaus Website for $54.99.

I concluded with your help that I wanted all the expansions, plus the price was right. I also wanted the 6th Player add on which is in the Illusions expansion / Big Box.

Kind regards,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamov
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally worth it! You can always mix and match stuff. We've been playing it for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good choice! Great game that shines best with a few expansion elements thrown in. I love mixing it up when playing with experienced players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually have the base game, two expansions, and all the Queenie content, along with a couple cd soundtracks I made, all in one of the expansions box.

It's a tight fit though. I'm thinking about making an insert to keep it tidier, but might go back to the base box in case I'd like to add custom content.

I'm not feeling the third expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.