Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elad or someone at Golden Egg Games. Any updates concerning this game? Just requesting an update on KS after a couple month absence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel de Oliveira e Silva
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know this game was on kickstarter.

I saw it on the BGG Tv coverage of Essen, bought it immediately on October 13th, and have sent since then 3 emails to the company's customer service, and nobody comes back to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted on the KS saying a new update was going to be put up shortly but that was almost a week ago now. They had taken some games to Essen as announced on KS back in September. They haven't posted an update since. I see my friend's copy sitting in shrink of the deluxe version and I wonder if mine is coming...

I've emailed, FB messaged, emailed, emailed, GMed via BGG, posted on the KS, and am thinking about trying to call the number listed but I expect I won't get a person on the other end...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update was finally posted. Apparently, Elad has had quite a month of November. Ultimately, the game has been delayed for a month or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Larry, if you get any other update please let me know here as I didn't kickstarted it I pre-ordered it.
I will be grateful.
Thanks very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the KS update a couple weeks ago minus the personal news aspect.

Quote:
Dear backers,  
I wish to update you on our progress we made with “Airlines”.    
Issues with “Spiel” copies:  

As we do every year - we ship via express services a batch of games to Essen (Germany) so we can give to our backers and for few other attendees. This year the games arrived on time but the Deluxe edition (Your KS edition) had some key components missing. We are sorry for the inconvenience - we addressed the issue the following month with our manufacturer.  

In the Month of November I spent most of my time fixing the issues and now I can proudly say that we got everything right (took too long).  

Fulfillment:  

We are starting fulfilment by next week over the EU and the UK as the games intended for those countries arrived to our fulfilment agent. Personal messages will be sent directly with tracking numbers.  
The next big stage is the North America, we cannot sadly meet our December forecast due to the issues we had with production (as I noted above) and due to the fact that we cannot enter any product before the Holiday season. 

I tried my best to limit the delays but I am sorry to report that we can only start fulfilment by the end of January 2017 – a full month later than we planned.  

Rest of the world – We plan to ship out the rest of the copies in late January as well – sorry!  

He mentioned some personal notes in the update as to the factors that also influenced the delay but since he referenced those as personal, I'll not share those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Larry, I assume if the KS are late, then the pre-orders should go even after...

I just hoped they could have told me that in a simple email, after all emails I sent.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And he's fallen silent again. I do believe this is the last Golden Egg project I will back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've open a dispute with them to try to get my money back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Elad just posted an update apologizing for the delay and now saying the last bits of re-printing will be over in about 2 weeks and shipping should commence shortly after. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers!

Hopefully I have my money back before that!

Thanks Larry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
And Elad just posted an update apologizing for the delay and now saying the last bits of re-printing will be over in about 2 weeks and shipping should commence shortly after. We'll see.

So Larry, any luck at all during the past two months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

So Larry, any luck at all during the past two months?

Nothing but dead silence. At this point I'm counting it as another KS that takes my money and I won't receive the product. I've contacted and posted via FB and other methods, but have not received any communication in return. I know Golden Egg Games have had some issues in the past, but this looks to be the nail in the casket...or should be.

If he comes back, he'd better take a page from Game Salute - I didn't think they'd be able to come back but they've actually been pretty solid via KS the last year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad. I thought they did a decent job with Historia and all of its expansion.

What I don't understand is why Kickstarter continues to sponsor him when he has already gone under with at least 2 other game titles. Doesn't sound like they have the right to claim no responsibility when there is obviously a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From one of the other backers who contact KS (I had reported it previously and apparently you can only report a project once) he received an email which sounded like Golden Egg might not be able to use Kickstarter again until everything is resolved...but who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.