Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered this game and would love to have Mega Blok minifigs and gear to accurately represent every possible loadout and game situation in lieu of miniatures. For those familiar with these, which sets would I need to buy to get that?

Would this big set cover everything?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRGZJPG?tag=article-boa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I just discovered this game and would love to have Mega Blok minifigs and gear to accurately represent every possible loadout and game situation in lieu of miniatures. For those familiar with these, which sets would I need to buy to get that?

Accurately represent every loadout? I'm not sure that's even possible. Start with the various ammo types as one example; it's far easier to keep track of your in game equipment with the cards. For me at least, just having a few "close enough for horseshoes" figures that I can mentally match up with the guys I'm using in the current mission is all I need. I started with Desert Troopers and Jungle Troopers, and even though I got a few others as gifts those first two small sets were sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got the green old school plastic soldiers...should consider getting megabloks too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

Accurately represent every loadout? I'm not sure that's even possible. Start with the various ammo types as one example; it's far easier to keep track of your in game equipment with the cards. For me at least, just having a few "close enough for horseshoes" figures that I can mentally match up with the guys I'm using in the current mission is all I need. I started with Desert Troopers and Jungle Troopers, and even though I got a few others as gifts those first two small sets were sufficient.

I'd still use the cards, it'd just be neat to have minis geared out as accurately as possible. Are there Trooper types in the game yet other than jungle and desert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

I'd still use the cards, it'd just be neat to have minis geared out as accurately as possible. Are there Trooper types in the game yet other than jungle and desert?

Expansions added
UK Soldiers and gear
and
Russian Soldiers and gear
and
Eastern Europe Locations/objectives/missions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

There's a mountain unit in snow gear, and some Navy Seals. There's a security unit of some kind that has a dog, which is kinda cool (I put a pic up here somewhere). And there's a standalone sniper in a ghillie suit. All kinds of stuff. Used to be a nice page at the Mega Bloks website where you could see literally everything, right down to a complete inventory of all the pieces in each set. Just took a quick look and didn't see it though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

There's a mountain unit in snow gear, and some Navy Seals. There's a security unit of some kind that has a dog, which is kinda cool (I put a pic up here somewhere). And there's a standalone sniper in a ghillie suit. All kinds of stuff. Used to be a nice page at the Mega Bloks website where you could see literally everything, right down to a complete inventory of all the pieces in each set. Just took a quick look and didn't see it though...

Are those units represented in the Warfighter game yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Sphere wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

Are those units represented in the Warfighter game yet?

Not officially - David listed the ones that have been included above - but that doesn't mean you can't use them. Take the dog for example; there are fan generated rules and there's been at least one session report:

Military Working Dogs (K-9s) for Warfighter
It's a dog's life

When you ask about every possible loadout, that covers a lot of ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.