Subject: Mythic Battles: Pantheon vs. Zombicide: Black Plague rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the option to take over a Zombicide: Black Plague Knight's Pledge or buy a God's Pledge for Mythic Battles: Pantheon. I only have the funds to get one.

Keeping in mind that I have and enjoy BattleLore (Second Edition), Conan, Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie, Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers, Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients, Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Claustrophobia, and Mage Knight Board Game.

Does anyone have a good grasp on how different Mythic Battles is from other skirmish games I have, and how Zombicide is different from other campaign games I have.

Input and insight is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Scott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
After reading your post, and seeing that you own and like "Shadows of Brimstone: City of Ancients" I think your best bet is to get on board with their new kickstarter: Forbidden fortress.

In doing that you won't have to choose between the aforementioned games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have most of those games as well.

I have Z:BP, and it is great fun. Very light-hearted game, but still tactical. It is different enough to the other games you have. You are up against an endless horde of undead, while trying to fulfill the scenario goals. The more you progress (i.e. "get better") the tougher the enemies are to handle, as more and more of them are coming. It is not really a campaign game, as you level up during a single scenario and start at point zero, when you play the next one.

MB:P is deeper than Z:BP for sure. Very tactical game. It has different play modes (skirmish or scenario-driven). I would say, it is different enough as well, to what you have already. There are similarities, obviously, but that comes with the territory. The drafting part of the game is pretty unique, though, and one of the great things about it.

If I were in your position, I would get MB:P, I think. The content of the pledge is a fantastic value and everything you get there is useful.

In Z:BP you also get a ton of stuff, of course, but a lot of that is different characters. Sure, they are nice, but you really do not need 50 different characters for that game.

So, I would say, the MB:P pledge with stretch goals offers more game here. More actual diversity.

If you have the funds for some add-ons, the MB Compendium is a great choice, and KS exclusive. I would also look into the Oedipus and the Sphinx KSE add-on, and maybe Corinthia (since you have Conan). Of course, tastes differ, but those are the ones I feel offer the most interesting additions, and most of the other add-ons will still (mostly) be available in retail and the KSEs you would miss out on, are not such a big deal.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.