Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stk mx
United States
Elburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading through the rules on page 39 regarding City and Road events, the party as a whole must decide on an option. There are two examples given and looking for clarification on how to distribute the outcomes as a party or each character:

On the city event outcome of option B, it clearly states Gain 5 gold 'each' meaning each character; but in the outcome of option A it omits the word 'each' for lose a check mark. So is this lose one check mark as a party or implied as 'each' character?

Same question on the Road event of 'Start scenario with 3 damage'. Is it 3 damage as a party or 3 damage each character?

Thematically it makes sense to apply these outcomes as each character; and each character is truly an independent mercenary. But wanted to ask the question since the word 'each' was only used in the City event of option B in the examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiros Fousteris
Greece
Moschato
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through the rules,i can't find where the party as a whole would gain a checkmark (besides Prosperity level,which i will address in a bit)

At the top of page 42.section Completing Road Events it states that..If a player is directed to lose anything (money, checkmarks, etc.)

That points to individual loss or gain.

Another aspect where the party losing checkmarks as whole wouldn't work (still talking about checkmarks,not points of damage) is on
page 49.section Special Conditions for Opening Envelopes.

The only condition that could be affected by a party loss is this one
-Donate a total of 100 gold to the Sanctuary(which consists of multiple
single checkboxes)

All the other ones,will have already been completed.

But...

Also at page 42.section Completing Road Events it states that the town can never be brought below the minimum prosperity for its
current level.

Since prosperity is tracked as the group progresses,it would seem that
some event outcomes can lower the town's prosperity.

But they can very well state...lose 1 Town Prosperity or smt( i haven't seen any other event/road cards,besides the ones on the rulebook)

Also,somewhere in the rules it says,track the prosperity level by cyrcling the boxes or something like that??

Not checking the boxes.

I don't know if i helped or made things worse.

I agree with you,that thematically it seems better to have individual losses either checkmarks or damage.

But it would also give another dynamic if,for example, health point loss
was shared between a party that everyone tries to complete their own personal goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time something is lost or gained as a group is when the word "collective" is present. So if it says to start the scenario with poison or damage or lose a check mark, that happens to each member of the party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.